Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK superstitions

Featured Replies

I seen a few in other threads.

 

What have you?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I seen a few in other threads.

 

What have you?

 

I never shave during the tournament until UK loses. I've been doing it for the past 5 years and it's worked pretty well

  • Author

Not a superstition but I have watched all these games in different places

 

1st game: Lexington

2nd game: home

3rd Game: Louisville

4th game: home

5th game: Memphis

6th game: will be back home

Worn the same hat, hoodie, and jeans for each tourney game. None have been washed.

 

Also convinced the girlfriend that something else might be good luck before the Louisville game. Just so happens, it worked for Michigan, Wisconsin, and hopefully tomorrow too haha!

Realized a couple of years ago that Cats always seemed to lose when my wife and I were on our yearly get away for our Anniversary. Always seemed to be watching in a hotel somewhere when they got knocked out. In NOLA during WVA game and in Tn for most of the seasons prior to that.

We were leaving Monday for a few days then it got pushed back to Tuesday, it didn't hit me when we made the plans that the Finals would have been on that night. Luckily my wife coincidentally changed the plans last week to a Tuesday - Thursday instead of a Monday - Wednesday...might have saved the whole thing.

I have played Candy Crush through the first half of each game so far...saving lives for Monday night.

Put it in another thread but a buddy has watched every game with his kids. Son got in trouble and got grounded Sat a.m. as the day went on he realized he had a problem because son wouldn't be able to watch the game. Made the son an offer swap a spanking for grounding, take 10 swats to the backside instead of being grounded...son looked up at dad and said "I'll take em", dad was so impressed he cut punishment in half.

I am so superstitious when it comes to UK, I can't even talk about it on this thread until after the game.

Well lets say this, I haven't had Burger King in years and when I saw some commercials early on in the NCAAT I was like "That looks good, lets get some". Well I ate it before Kansas State, we won. I did it again against Wichita state as I was coming home from the store on a whim and then we on that too. At that point, I was like "I just need to keep this going".

 

Therefore, I've ordered the same thing from Burger King before every game for the past 5 games and we've won them all. I only continued it after the first 2 games as I just wanted as much good mojo going for as a possible.

 

Recipe of victory you ask?

 

Double Whopper Value Meal (Large) with only Cheese/Ketchup

Large Onion Ring

Large Coke

 

Clearly this is a recipe for success.

I've been wearing my authentic blue shorts, 8 time champion shirt and blue boxers.

Seriously, it's a lot of cursing...some yelling and a lot of , "are you kidding me's?!?"

I truly feel like my drinking is willing this team to victory.

Feels like the 2012 run my liver and I barely made it through.

The wife has watched the first half of every game with me then

turned in to bed, and the same thing will happen tonight.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.