UK superstitions

sweet16

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worn the same hat, hoodie, and jeans for each tourney game. None have been washed.

Also convinced the girlfriend that something else might be good luck before the Louisville game. Just so happens, it worked for Michigan, Wisconsin, and hopefully tomorrow too haha!

Realized a couple of years ago that Cats always seemed to lose when my wife and I were on our yearly get away for our Anniversary. Always seemed to be watching in a hotel somewhere when they got knocked out. In NOLA during WVA game and in Tn for most of the seasons prior to that.

We were leaving Monday for a few days then it got pushed back to Tuesday, it didn't hit me when we made the plans that the Finals would have been on that night. Luckily my wife coincidentally changed the plans last week to a Tuesday - Thursday instead of a Monday - Wednesday...might have saved the whole thing.

Put it in another thread but a buddy has watched every game with his kids. Son got in trouble and got grounded Sat a.m. as the day went on he realized he had a problem because son wouldn't be able to watch the game. Made the son an offer swap a spanking for grounding, take 10 swats to the backside instead of being grounded...son looked up at dad and said "I'll take em", dad was so impressed he cut punishment in half.

Well lets say this, I haven't had Burger King in years and when I saw some commercials early on in the NCAAT I was like "That looks good, lets get some". Well I ate it before Kansas State, we won. I did it again against Wichita state as I was coming home from the store on a whim and then we on that too. At that point, I was like "I just need to keep this going".

Therefore, I've ordered the same thing from Burger King before every game for the past 5 games and we've won them all. I only continued it after the first 2 games as I just wanted as much good mojo going for as a possible.

Recipe of victory you ask?

Double Whopper Value Meal (Large) with only Cheese/Ketchup

Large Onion Ring

Large Coke

Clearly this is a recipe for success.