Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK superstitions

Featured Replies

I thought Randy could use some help. Girlfriend and I watched an episode of Andy Griffith this morning shortly after midnight.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the games from the same seat in my family room and during the Witchita State game when UK made a great run the wife was in the kitchen and my son and I told her she had to stay in there because it was good luck. So the next 2 games when UK was struggling we sent her into the kitchen and wouldn't let her out and she had to watch from there. This last game against WS we were at a neighbors party watching the game, about 30+ people there. The last 5 mins when we were losing I told them I had to get to my lucky seat and I left and went home to watch the rest in my seat. We won, I walked back over after the game and I got a standing ovation as I walked back into the party lol.

 

Something I look forward to each time UK has a chance to win the title is add to my man cave. I have every Sports Illustrated since they started publishing them that UK was on the cover after winning the NCAA Tourney. If they win tonight it is always the best money I ever spent to buy the SI with the Cats on the cover after winning and I get to frame it and hang it on my wall in the basement next to all the other SI's I have framed celebrating UK's NCAA Title Wins. So let's hope I get to buy another Sports Illustrated this week!!!

Watched the games from the same seat in my family room and during the Witchita State game when UK made a great run the wife was in the kitchen and my son and I told her she had to stay in there because it was good luck. So the next 2 games when UK was struggling we sent her into the kitchen and wouldn't let her out and she had to watch from there. This last game against WS we were at a neighbors party watching the game, about 30+ people there. The last 5 mins when we were losing I told them I had to get to my lucky seat and I left and went home to watch the rest in my seat. We won, I walked back over after the game and I got a standing ovation as I walked back into the party lol.

 

Something I look forward to each time UK has a chance to win the title is add to my man cave. I have every Sports Illustrated since they started publishing them that UK was on the cover after winning the NCAA Tourney. If they win tonight it is always the best money I ever spent to buy the SI with the Cats on the cover after winning and I get to frame it and hang it on my wall in the basement next to all the other SI's I have framed celebrating UK's NCAA Title Wins. So let's hope I get to buy another Sports Illustrated this week!!!

 

That is so funny. It's crazy how many people, families, and fans do the exact same thing. I got stuck in the kitchen several times throughout the tournament. Lol!

Right-end seat on the couch, although I typically move to sitting on the coffee table during the second half. It usually works well if my wife goes on to bed (she doesn't like basketball). On Saturday night, she didn't go to bed until halfway through the first half. When she said she was going to bed, I told her "good, they play better when you aren't watching." She responded, "well, I wasn't actually watching anyway!"

 

So, here's hoping for another early-to-bed night for her tonight!

Worn the same hat, hoodie, and jeans for each tourney game. None have been washed.

 

Also convinced the girlfriend that something else might be good luck before the Louisville game. Just so happens, it worked for Michigan, Wisconsin, and hopefully tomorrow too haha!

 

Well played sir, well played :clap:

At the casa.....my wife who is now two weeks from her due date with baby girl #2, our little girl and ole' dad here.

 

How my wife hasn't gone into labor yet during these games, I have no idea. She loses it. UK bball fan in every sense of the word. I just stay pretty calm, although not so sure how.

 

Here is glad she didnt go into labor the other night, b/c Mr. Basil Hayden and myself got well acquainted on Saturday night. :laugh:

Harry, I'm happy for you on the coming child, but how awful would it be if she went into labor at say, 8:45 tonight?

 

I remember in 2011 my wife was about a week and a half from her due date during the Final Four. As I mentioned earlier, she isn't a basketball fan, so she wasn't watching. I just kept thinking, please don't come into this room and say we have to go to the hospital!

I should note that I've watched the last 2 games with my brother

and sister in law. Both are IU fans to the core, hate UK and they

said after the last game we're not watching with you on Monday

night. Should I try to lure them in with beer wings etc.??????

No shave since the morning of Wichita St., have worn the same shirt for both 2012 Final Four games and every game of this tourney.

If UK loses, how do we track down who screwed up with their routine?

I have a few...But this is the most important one.

I have two and a half bathrooms in my home.(Three toilets).

All of the toilet lids have to be up and the seats down.

 

If I only had known this in 1984 against Georgetown...

 

Take the cover off of the rim and RAISE YOUR TOILET LIDS...:ylsuper:

If UK loses, how do we track down who screwed up with their routine?
...IF that happens there will be no need to track this down. The answer is simple, Getslow.

I'm already cursing Calhoun on ESPN. Get on my backs fellas, I'm carrying us to the final buzzer

I'm already cursing Calhoun on ESPN. Get on my backs fellas' date=' I'm carrying us to the final buzzer[/quote']Rocket is HYPED!!!

Same clothes on as Saturday night, the same candles lit, and fireworks ready to be lit post game!

 

GO CATS!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.