AAU 2014

Western Kentucky Elite will have 5 teams playing this summer (17, 16, 15,14 & 13). I know the 17 & U team will be competitive with Cummins (Anderson County); Savage (Warren Central); Tinsley (Silver Creek); Geralds (Monroe County); Harper (Allen County); Hall (Jackson County, TN); and McDaniel (South Warren - Hargrave Military Academy Prep). That's all I know now and will report more later once rosters are confirmed. It's amazing that the state tournament hasn't started yet and the interest in AAU is so polarizing...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the info.

I for one would enjoy seeing a game between the Magic and Prospects:

Kidwell/Stafford

Ramser/Levitch

Patterson/Johnson

Shellman/Hall

I would pay to see that.

I have never seen Patterson but Evan Hall is a beast when he want to. Will Parker could be tough to handle at time as well but he rarely plays well on the AAU circuit.

I have never seen Patterson but Evan Hall is a beast when he want to. Will Parker could be tough to handle at time as well but he rarely plays well on the AAU circuit.

Agreed that Hall has an advantage over Shellman but its not a canyon. On the other hand I would take Kidwell/Ramser over Stafford/Levitch every day and twice on Sunday.

Team Manimal 16U

- Tyler Sharpe, Bullitt East

- Bailey Rakes, Bullitt East

- Jarred Farris, Bullitt East

- Mason Faulkner, Caverna

- D.J. White, Madisonville

- Perry Ayers, Bowling Green

- Michael Dunaway, Trimble County

- Larry Whelan, Rowan County

- Jake Smith, Casey County

- Collin Miller, Casey County

(possibly adding one more)

Manimal will have this team only this summer.

Hoop Dreams will feature some of the top 2015 and 2016 talent in Kentucky. I'll be announcing our roster after we get started next weekend. We will have 2 17u teams and a 2016 team that was ranked top 5 in the country last year as freshmen.

About time you jumped on board. :lol2:

Look forward to seeing and covering you guys this summer.

EYBL Travelers 17U:

Braxton Beverly- Perry Co Central

James Bolden- Holmes

Cam Justice- Knott Co Central

Jalen Perry- Ballard

Christian Thieneman- Trinity

Carson Williams- Owen Co

Drew McDonald- Newcath

Ray Spalding- Trinity

Raekwon Long- Scott Co

Derrick Daniels will be with King James instead. I know those are the instate kids playing for the Travelers 17U....not sure about the out of state kids yet.

Agreed that Hall has an advantage over Shellman but its not a canyon. On the other hand I would take Kidwell/Ramser over Stafford/Levitch every day and twice on Sunday.

Kidwell/Stafford matchup should be more Kidwell/Dalton matchup. Stafford is not a true point guard but does well getting to the basket. Kidwell does not see the floor as well as a point guard should.

As a note, The Ville played better (month of July) with Dalton at the point vs Kidwell (May/April) if that says much. The competition was about the same or better in July. Also Trinity's system does not fit Levitch game. He can play given the opportunity. When we played the Travelers in Atlanta, he was the main person who Calipari (whose son played with Travelers last year) mentioned as person the Travelers need to keep ball away. I haven't really seen Ramser played but he was getting time with Trinity, so he has to be decent.

EYBL Travelers 17U:

Braxton Beverly- Perry Co Central

James Bolden- Holmes

Cam Justice- Knott Co Central

Jalen Perry- Ballard

Christian Thieneman- Trinity

Carson Williams- Owen Co

Drew McDonald- Newcath

Ray Spalding- Trinity

Raekwon Long- Scott Co

Derrick Daniels will be with King James instead. I know those are the instate kids playing for the Travelers 17U....not sure about the out of state kids yet.

Very Solid team right there! Good luck to Carson Williams and the rest of the Travelers!

thanks for the info.

I for one would enjoy seeing a game between the Magic and Prospects:

Kidwell/Stafford

Ramser/Levitch

Patterson/Johnson

Shellman/Hall

I would pay to see that.

That is roster for The Ville not the Louisville Magic. Several players from the Magic 16u team last year will be on 17u this year along with some new faces.