AAU 2014

I was told by a source close to the situation yesterday that he is hearing willing Ky teams are going to be able to get an "at-large bid" to AAU nationals as opposed to having to play in a super regional. Apparently they want more ky teams involved in the aau.

Anyone else heard this?

Could be good for some kids and teams.

To be honest, getting an at large has been available to anyone for years. AAU doesn't reject anyone that wants to go to nationals.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a stat that said Jax Levitch (Trinity) of The Ville hit 7 three's in Trinity's Sweet 16 game against Scott Co. Pretty impressive! I look for him to have a big summer.

Yeah. That kid is automatic when he's open. Can't create his own shot though.

Levitch is able to show more of what he can do during AAU season. He does a good job of getting to the basket but he is a better catch/shooter.

I've seen Levitch since he was a 5th or 6th grader and he has always been a nice player. If he catches and his feet are set, he's a deadly shooter.

The thing about AAU basketball is that so many kids can show their skills differently than on their high school teams. Schools like Trinity run a specific system with players in roles that they may not play in their AAU seasons.

For example, a kid like Jacob Conway from Lincoln County who will be playing with Hoop Dreams stays in the post a lot for Lincoln because he's the tallest kid in the program. However, with HD, he will be playing almost exclusively on the wing as a slasher and shooter because our teams have true post players so he doesn't need to go down to the paint unless it is to exploit a mismatch.