AAU 2014

Any info you can share about the 16u?
not real sure about 16u yet. I would think that several of the players from the 15u team last year will be on it. I do know Colton Elkins from Boyle Co will be on it. He may play up wth 17u also. Look for Darius Williams from Dunbar, Cam Thomas from Madison Central, Trace Young from Ohio Co, to be on it based on last year's team. I know Jacoby Turner from Danville was going to tryout . I think he would have a good chance at making team. The 16u group will be very good

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maze Stallworth. He coached them last year too.
What is the rule on varsity head coaches coaching AAU? For some reason I didn't think high school head coaches could coach AAU when players from there high school were involved with the AAU team. I could be wrong but for some reason that sticks out.

What is the rule on varsity head coaches coaching AAU? For some reason I didn't think high school head coaches could coach AAU when players from there high school were involved with the AAU team. I could be wrong but for some reason that sticks out.

I think they're allowed to coach them, but can't hold practices in their gym.

FYI they both went to prep school which a bunch of players are doing to improve their academics and to better transition into college. Yes Shelton is playing wth Magic this year. Magic 16u and 17u are going to be very good again this year.

Do you know why he's playing with the magic this year?

Do you know why he's playing with the magic this year?
I have no idea. Don't know alot about Shelton. Know he is about 6'5 and a shooting guard. Saw him play a little bit at AAU state last year. Can anybody tell me more about him?? Is he a pretty solid player??

I have no idea. Don't know alot about Shelton. Know he is about 6'5 and a shooting guard. Saw him play a little bit at AAU state last year. Can anybody tell me more about him?? Is he a pretty solid player??

Defintly a threat on offense everytime he touches the ball, he's got range and he will knock it down. Defensively his foot speed is lacking but I feel he'll be a good addition seeming as how he's used to the 17U circuit.

The bigger question is Shelton & Grundy are playing 17U again this year? Both of these guys should be freshman in college in the Fall. Does your game get better by stepping down a level?

I thought Grundy reclassified to 2015 right before he got hurt. I could be wrong but if he did reclassify wouldn't that make him an age exception to play 17U this year?

I thought Grundy reclassified to 2015 right before he got hurt. I could be wrong but if he did reclassify wouldn't that make him an age exception to play 17U this year?

He can be a grade exception but depending on AAU rules he must also not be older than a certain age on 9/1.

I was told by a source close to the situation yesterday that he is hearing willing Ky teams are going to be able to get an "at-large bid" to AAU nationals as opposed to having to play in a super regional. Apparently they want more ky teams involved in the aau.

Anyone else heard this?

Could be good for some kids and teams.

I thought at least 4 qualify via the state tournament. Plus I believe a KY team should have a good seed via hosting the tournament (which is a good think when it comes to bracket play).

TheVille2015 already has an automatic bid via where they placed last year in Nationals. I could not find the list on where the #1 KY team will get seeded though but it should be top 6 for hosting, then there should be another seeded spot for KY based upon their history

automatic bids: http://image.aausports.org/dnn/boysbasketball/pdf/automaticbids/div1/11thGradeDI.pdf