Open Jobs/Filled Jobs 2014

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what Hickory means by "money issues." Reading the article in the Danville paper, it seems pretty clear what happened. Quotes from the local article about the situation:

Britt said he met last week with Guerra and Mercer principal Malissa Hutchins.

“Basically going through the evaluation, going through what we’ve done over the past four years since I took the position,”

His resignation followed a meeting with school administrators last week, though he did not say he was asked to resign.

“So there’s not mixed stories, I think that’s something that should come from the administration,” Britt said Tuesday.

Mercer went 11-12 this season, but the Titans were 59-57 over Britt’s four seasons, and he said their resume stacks up well against teams such as Boyle County and Lincoln County that he said are often discussed as being the top teams in the area.

“Trying to put things in perspective for me, I felt like we’ve done just as good as other teams that would be considered top teams in our area,” he said.

Over spent and parent issues...

I don't think it is fair to say this was over parent issues. I think it is more of spending money to take the basketball team to the bahamas and not having it paid for along with not winning games. Britt is not a bad guy but those two things are a bad combination

I don't think it is fair to say this was over parent issues. I think it is more of spending money to take the basketball team to the bahamas and not having it paid for along with not winning games. Britt is not a bad guy but those two things are a bad combination

Correct...also, they were parent issues. Can't say those issues but there were some there. As you said...bad combination.

OPEN

1) Apollo

2) Atherton

3) Bracken County

4) Bryan Station

5) Fairdale

6) Garrard County

7) Greenwood

8) Mercer County

9) North Bullitt

10) North Hardin

11) North Oldham

12) Pendleton County

13) Powell County

14) Shawnee

15) Union County

16) Valley

17) Warren East

18) Washington County

FILLED -

Correct...also, they were parent issues. Can't say those issues but there were some there. As you said...bad combination.

I'll back hickory up on this one. I live in Mercer county and the parent situation here is awful. Most of the time it's flat out embarrassing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mercer hasn't had a coach stay longer than 4 years in a long time...I played for Frank Wright and parents ran him off after 4 seasons, Brian Pendegraft only 2 seasons after him, then Stacy Hall for 3 seasons, Greg Edwards for (i'm not 100% sure how long), Nelson Cundiff for 3 seasons, and now Britt for 4 seasons. How can a program build any consistency with that level of coaching turnover?

Parents played a role in all of these coaches "resigning". Why would anyone want to coach in a situation like this? Please understand that statement actually saddens me because that's where I went to school, but the fact is, in order to coach in Harrodsburg you have to know up front that its a constant uphill battle with parents.