Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida at Kentucky Predictions

Who wins? 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think UK handles the press pretty good with their size being a big help. Because they are at home in front of College Gameday crowd that is only loud a couple games a year, I say Uk wins 68-65. When they finish at Florida they will have a chance to lose by double digits as they are immature, I mean young.

At Rupp, I think UK is in it all the way. Florida is a really good defensive team but struggles to score, very similar to UC except they have guys that can shoot a little. I will say Gators by 2, score stays in 60s. 67-65.

.....

 

I used to enjoy being one of the few non-UK fans on this site, but lately, I feel like I'm more pro-UK than the UK fans. This Florida team has a lot of flaws and not the juggernaut that many are making them out to be, I think not only is this imminently winnable for UK, but I think they get it done 71-68 at Rupp.

 

Florida isn't a great rebounding team, a strength of UK's, so look for UK's second-chance points to be a huge factor. Florida doesn't block / alter a lot of shots, so I look for UK to be able to attack the basket and finish. Additionally, Florida, like UK, struggles from the perimeter, so unless either team has someone get white-hot from the arc, that will be a push. Add in the Rupp crowd, and the couple extra fouls that every home team undoubtedly gets in their favor, and I think UK wins a close one.

 

Again, I think the key stat to watch if you're a UK fan is second-chance points....that is where, in my opinion, UK wins the game.

I'm hoping the Cats win but.....

 

If they do come up on the short end, it won't be by much. Kentucky has proven that they have been in every game this season that ended with a loss. Just keep improving a maybe sneak a few big wins here and there.

A few people explained away UK's putrid showing last night as a trap game on the road ahead of a big game. Is Florida not extended the same courtesy?

 

Absolutely. They're also playing another road game against a team that doesn't lose at home. :idunno:

.....

 

I used to enjoy being one of the few non-UK fans on this site, but lately, I feel like I'm more pro-UK than the UK fans. This Florida team has a lot of flaws and not the juggernaut that many are making them out to be, I think not only is this imminently winnable for UK, but I think they get it done 71-68 at Rupp.

 

Florida isn't a great rebounding team, a strength of UK's, so look for UK's second-chance points to be a huge factor. Florida doesn't block / alter a lot of shots, so I look for UK to be able to attack the basket and finish. Additionally, Florida, like UK, struggles from the perimeter, so unless either team has someone get white-hot from the arc, that will be a push. Add in the Rupp crowd, and the couple extra fouls that every home team undoubtedly gets in their favor, and I think UK wins a close one.

 

Again, I think the key stat to watch if you're a UK fan is second-chance points....that is where, in my opinion, UK wins the game.

 

UK's guards can't keep anyone in front of them. Unless WCS or Dakari can erase it at the rim, there will be a lot of Gators at the rim.

I'm just shocked that people are picking Florida to win by a good amount AT RUPP. UK hasn't lost at home outside of last year's team, I don't think they will lose this year either. Also, the biggest margin of defeat has been 5 points, so like someone mentioned they've been in every game. Should be a good fight, and although I think Florida is really good, they also lost to UCONN and Wisconsin on the road that UK is better than. We shall see.

UK's guards can't keep anyone in front of them. Unless WCS or Dakari can erase it at the rim, there will be a lot of Gators at the rim.

 

I would take a slightly different approach, and I said this in one of the 1,289,487 recent UK threads, I think UK's guards biggest problem is that they don't pressure the ball enough to turn folks over. You can build walls to help against penetration, assuming they aren't giving up straight lines (which they don't, for the most part), so I like Cal's chances at coaching through that. Their biggest problem on defense, to me, is that they don't heat you up, don't force any turnovers, and therefore, have to defend more possessions and for longer stretches. That can really wear a team out.

I would take a slightly different approach, and I said this in one of the 1,289,487 recent UK threads, I think UK's guards biggest problem is that they don't pressure the ball enough to turn folks over. You can build walls to help against penetration, assuming they aren't giving up straight lines (which they don't, for the most part), so I like Cal's chances at coaching through that. Their biggest problem on defense, to me, is that they don't heat you up, don't force any turnovers, and therefore, have to defend more possessions and for longer stretches. That can really wear a team out.
I totally agree. And Florida has the propensity to turn it over. Instead Cal funnels everything to the goal. That's ok if you're Syracuse sitting back in that zone with a rim protector who doesn't get strung out to the high post. Seriously, what are the odds Cal changes his defensive philosophy with this bunch?

Kentucky 72-67.

Gators 78

Cats 73

So we cheat them? :lol2:

 

Whatever it takes !! :ylsuper::clap:

UK 71 UF 70

Florida is good, though. Good enough to win their 3rd national championship. But I think Kentucky finds a way to win at home. I'll have to pick the Gators by double digits at their place, and probably also if they were on a neutral court.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.