Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

So when does Pete Carroll get credit for being an incredible football coach?

Featured Replies

We will see how good of a coach he is when they lose what they have right now. The Ravens lost a lot off last years SB winning team and they weren't even close to the same team. It is not always the coach but what he has to work with.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We will see how good of a coach he is when they lose what they have right now. The Ravens lost a lot off last years SB winning team and they weren't even close to the same team. It is not always the coach but what he has to work with.

 

That's part of the reason to credit them, IMO. Schneider and Carroll have such an eye for young talent that it's afforded them the ability to go out and sign key FAs like Avril and Bennett. It's going to catch up eventually and they're going to have to pay or lose some guys. We'll just have to see if the drafting keeps up.

 

I don't know a ton about the other rosters in the league, but having that much talent on rookie deals can't be the norm.

John Schneider and Carroll both deserve a ton of credit for what's going on in Seattle... Just take a look at some of the impact guys..

 

Russell Wilson - 3rd round draft pick...

Marshawn Lynch - 4th and 5th round pick...

Chris Clemons - Gave up Darryl Tapp and a 4th round pick...

Richard Sherman - 5th round pick...

Byron Maxwell - 6th round pick..

Jeremy Lane - 6th round pick

Doug Baldwin - Undrafted free agent

Kam Chancellor - 5th round pick...

 

It seems they do some of their best work in the later rounds. Some of the 1st round picks have turned out great (Earl Thomas, Russell Okung) and some are still very questionable (James Carpenter, Bruce Irvin)..

 

These two just work so well together. They know exactly what works for what they're trying to build, and they go get it.

 

He has a great eye for talent. Most teams have one or maybe two players who are impact players that were drafted in the late rounds. That many for Seattle is just crazy. You know other teams are envious. It frees up a bunch of money also from now having to pay them so much in their rookie contracts.

I know. And two weeks from today, Pete Carroll may have a Super Bowl trophy.

 

This debate is older than Cal's championship. I'm a UK fan and glad he got one, but I'm not going to let people argue that he has Final Fours at 3 schools unless they credit Carroll for a National Championship.

 

Well, I don't think the 2003 AP championship got vacated did it? In fact, the AP still recognizes the 2004 team as champions too, although since the NCAA vacated those wins it has less weight. But 2003 was a legit split national championship, I think USC (and Carroll) gets credit for that no matter what.

Jimmy Johnson is probably the last guy to win a college title & NFL title.

 

Actually, Jimmy's replacement....Barry Switzer

  • Author
Pete Carroll has been a favorite coach of mine for a long time.

 

This is one of my favorite plays of all time.

 

[video=youtube;-O5E5x_uDa0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O5E5x_uDa0

 

Why did Neuheisel call a timeout? If it wasn't to get some seniors on the field, then I'm glad Carroll did that.

As a Jets fan, I know Pete Carroll has holes in his coaching game. He has improved over the years, obviously. I think he is a great coach- likely top 5 in the game today, but I still have a bad taste since he wasn't great when he coached my team.

I have loved how Pete Carroll coaches since his USC days. The passion and energy he coaches with I love, and the players love playing for him. I love how he really focuses on competition and competing each and every day. That is what all his practices seem to be centered around make it all about competition. Even though he did have those wins vacated at USC, the man still just knows how to get his teams to win now since his first trip in the NFL.

I love Pete Carroll. He is the exact opposite of Harbaugh. He seems to have fun with the players and keeps a very light locker room. Did anyone see those youtube videos Carroll put out a few years ago when he first got there?

I am indifferent with Carroll. He knows the game, but I believe most of the head coaches do. He has a knack for finding players and getting them to fit the system. He also seems to be a great motivator and builds trust through his interactions with them. e turned a pretty blah franchise into an excellent one.

bow28.gif

 

All the Pete Non-Believers including me will now have to bow down...great Job

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.