Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's Tougher: Lose Conference Championship or Super Bowl

Featured Replies

I think the Conference Championship is the toughest. You were right there at the big dance and didn't get asked.

I think the Conference Championship is the toughest. You were right there at the big dance and didn't get asked.

 

Although I wasn't a Cleveland fan at the time, I think Cleveland fans may say the Conference Championship.

Conference championship. At least you can say you were part of the Super Bowl, which is probably the biggest American sporting event of the year, even if you lost in it.

Conference championship. At least you can say you were part of the Super Bowl, which is probably the biggest American sporting event of the year, even if you lost in it.

 

I agree with this. I would think if you asked the players after some time they would agree also.

Conference championship, because there is a prestige just for making it.

 

Now, it is maybe worse to lose consecutive Super Bowls a la Buffalo.

Super Bowl. To be that close and lose is a killer.

I would say Conference Championship. If you make it to the Superbowl and lose, at lest you made it. As a kid I played in a lot of tournaments in various sports. It was always better to make it to the final game and lose than not even make it (at least we got silver trophies or medals!).

I'll tell you as soon as I've played in both.

Not making the playoffs at all :lol2:

 

I'd say losing the Super Bowl is worse. So close...only to lose. As a fan I know it sucks.

Super Bowl...as a Rams fan I barely remember playoff losses over the last 30+ years but the two Super Bowl losses tick me off to this day!!!

Super Bowl...as a Rams fan I barely remember playoff losses over the last 30+ years but the two Super Bowl losses tick me off to this day!!!

I agree.

 

To make it to the Super bowl and lose never gets better. I suffered through both Bengals SB losses and the pain, especially the 2nd one has never gotten better.

 

Losing in the playoffs before the SB sux but isn't near as tough especially if your team never won a SB because you realize how close you came...especially when you were 39 seconds away from winning. I would of much rather lost in the AFCG in 88 than to have to suffer through losing that SB the way they lost it.

Conference championship. At least you can say you were part of the Super Bowl, which is probably the biggest American sporting event of the year, even if you lost in it.

 

This.

As a Bengals fan who holds a grudge I have thoroughly enjoyed that San Fran has experienced the pain of both over the past three years. Of course, I would also change places with them in a heartbeat.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.