Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's Tougher: Lose Conference Championship or Super Bowl

Featured Replies

Conference championship. At least you can say you were part of the Super Bowl, which is probably the biggest American sporting event of the year, even if you lost in it.

 

I agree

The Vikings have not been to a Super Bowl in my lifetime. My dad was a fan through all four of the Vikings' Super Bowl losses. Watching the Vikings lose several conference championships has not been particularly fun. I feel like the achievement of making a Super Bowl would take some of the sting out of it. Lots of serious disappointment when you've been the best team in a conference all season long only to completely break down in a conference championship.

As a fan, neither is painful. The game ends and I go back about my day. I would probably rather make it to the SB and lose than not make it all, so if I were a player I'd say the worst would be losing in the Conference championship.

I'd say losing in the Super Bowl.

As a fan, neither is painful. The game ends and I go back about my day. I would probably rather make it to the SB and lose than not make it all, so if I were a player I'd say the worst would be losing in the Conference championship.

That is an answer from someone who has a team with multiple Super Bowl wins. Shouldn't even be allowed to answer lol.

 

Its like the World Series, would I be bitter if the Reds lost the WS? For about a minute and then it would pass because I've witnessed first hand the Reds win 3.

 

The bengals on the other hand I still feel the pain of the SB losses. 1 is all I have ever asked for. Just 1.

Ask a Bills fan what was worse. Losing to the Bengals in the AFCG or "wide right"

 

Id say Wide right was much worse.

That is an answer from someone who has a team with multiple Super Bowl wins. Shouldn't even be allowed to answer lol.

 

Its like the World Series, would I be bitter if the Reds lost the WS? For about a minute and then it would pass because I've witnessed first hand the Reds win 3.

 

The bengals on the other hand I still feel the pain of the SB losses. 1 is all I have ever asked for. Just 1.

 

That could have something to do with it, but I'm really not sure it does.

 

I used to be devastated when my team's season ended. I remember crying myself to sleep when UK lost to Duke on "the shot". I remember being almost in a state of depression when the Cats lost to Arizona in the 97' title game. Now, my teams lose, and I'm upset/disappointed for about 5 minutes, and I go about my day. I'm not sure why it's changed over the years, but it just really doesn't bother me anymore. :idunno:

That could have something to do with it, but I'm really not sure it does.

 

I used to be devastated when my team's season ended. I remember crying myself to sleep when UK lost to Duke on "the shot". I remember being almost in a state of depression when the Cats lost to Arizona in the 97' title game. Now, my teams lose, and I'm upset/disappointed for about 5 minutes, and I go about my day. I'm not sure why it's changed over the years, but it just really doesn't bother me anymore. :idunno:

Trust me, it has everything to do with it. My dad only had one wish he told us every year and that was to see his Bengals win the SB before he died. He didn't. That has been my only true wish also. It makes all the difference in the world.

 

Winning the Title makes losing tough but a little more manageable.

 

It also could depend on how the team lost too.

you mention the 92 UK Duke game, it was how they lost that hurt so much. Same with the 88 Bengals, how they lost made it much more painful. If the Bengals would of been beaten in the AFCG by 24 points it would of been a lot easier to handle than losing the SB in the last 39 seconds.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.