Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has Alex Poythress Started...

Featured Replies

To turn the corner?

 

He had two spectacular plays late last night with his drive from the corner for a dunk and going over everyone in traffic to get the rebound and find a way to get it out to the wing as he was falling.

 

Other than a brief flash here and there, I don't remember him playing like that last year outside of the Duke game (when he looked incredible).

 

Has he started to regain some confidence? Having him step up would be huge for us. WCS, Randle, Poythress, Young, Aa. Harrison, An. Harrison, and an emerging Dakari is deep and talented. That's not even counting guys like Hawkins, Lee, or possibly even Willis that can come in and steal some minutes against even the most talented of teams.

I think his game is coming along similar to Terrance Jones' game is Soph season!!! Nobody focuses on him or even game plans for him and he can just do what he does, slipping through the cracks.

It appears so. I like his role coming off the bench and believe he does as well.

He likes to jump into the game when he's ready too.

I think he's 100 times better but he is nowhere near a second year Terrance Jones

I think he's 100 times better but he is nowhere near a second year Terrance Jones

 

I agree, but his game is getting over looked like TJ which is allowing him to flourish. If he was the focus of this team I don't think he would look half as good. TJ wouldn't have looked as good on the 12 team if he had to be "The Man" either.

  • Author

Head-to-Head:

 

Jones was more polished dribbling the basketball, was left handed, and played with much more aggression.

 

Poythress is way more cerebral than Jones, has a smoother release on his jumper when he gets set, and has a higher vertical.

I think that he's just doing a better job of letting the game come to him rather than trying to force it to much like he's done in the past.

While I really appreciate the strides he's taken the last few games, I'd love to see him use his shooting range a little more? I always thought he had a nice shot with range out to the trey--Use it and the drive becomes even more effective.

I am thrilled for him. Agree think he is letting the game come to him. For some kids it just takes time to get adjusted to the college game and the role they are expected to play.

I like what he's done the past couple games; the talent is

there he just needs to take his time and focus. I think so many

times we (fans) expect so much out of these kids that there looked

down on when it takes a couple of years for them to find there niche

in the college game.

I think that he's just doing a better job of letting the game come to him rather than trying to force it to much like he's done in the past.

 

I am thrilled for him. Agree think he is letting the game come to him. For some kids it just takes time to get adjusted to the college game and the role they are expected to play.

 

I agree, he is letting the game come to him. Right now he is strictly a complimentary player, almost a garbage type guy who will take advantage of the other team's mistakes or where his athleticism gives him a chance to make a play. I bet out of his last 15 shots made, 10 are dunks. If you don't guard him or box him out, he will make you pay. His defense is better. He is playing harder. I wouldn't say he has turned the corner yet but the building blocks are falling into place for him to put an all around game on top of.

Poythress is a heck of an athlete. That last rebound against Arkansas was big time.

Poythress is a heck of an athlete. That last rebound against Arkansas was big time.

 

His dunks are big time. On more than half of them, I just go "wow". I thought the same thing on that rebound. He is as explosive as anyone in college basketball.

He probably deserves to start soon. I understand somebody would have to sit too. Heck, sit Andrew. He's struggling bigtime and is underachieving and Aaron runs the point just as effective if not better. Might wake Andrew up. Just sayin.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.