Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marvin and Dalton should be gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Featured Replies

After yesterday, I'm over both Marvin and Dalton. My stance on Dalton has less to do with his on-field performance (he played terrible, and that's probably being kind), and more to do with his post-game comments. He's not a leader. Leaders shoulder blame, not deflect. You'll never see Tom Brady or Drew Brees deflect blame. They always take full responsibility for losses. They could throw for 400 yards, 4 TDs, and no picks, and if they lose, all you'll hear from them is how "I've got to execute better. There were some throws I have to make, and I missed them. It's on me."

 

The Bengals are stuck with Dalton for next year, but I would absolutely at this point draft Murray or Mettenberger in the 3rd-4th rounds.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After yesterday, I'm over both Marvin and Dalton. My stance on Dalton has less to do with his on-field performance (he played terrible, and that's probably being kind), and more to do with his post-game comments. He's not a leader. Leaders shoulder blame, not deflect. You'll never see Tom Brady or Drew Brees deflect blame. They always take full responsibility for losses. They could throw for 400 yards, 4 TDs, and no picks, and if they lose, all you'll hear from them is how "I've got to execute better. There were some throws I have to make, and I missed them. It's on me."

 

The Bengals are stuck with Dalton for next year, but I would absolutely at this point draft Murray or Mettenberger in the 3rd-4th rounds.

Much truth in this post.
After yesterday, I'm over both Marvin and Dalton. My stance on Dalton has less to do with his on-field performance (he played terrible, and that's probably being kind), and more to do with his post-game comments. He's not a leader. Leaders shoulder blame, not deflect. You'll never see Tom Brady or Drew Brees deflect blame. They always take full responsibility for losses. They could throw for 400 yards, 4 TDs, and no picks, and if they lose, all you'll hear from them is how "I've got to execute better. There were some throws I have to make, and I missed them. It's on me."

 

The Bengals are stuck with Dalton for next year, but I would absolutely at this point draft Murray or Mettenberger in the 3rd-4th rounds.

 

 

I can understand this and you even have your replacement QBs selected as well.

As always with personnel decisions you have to ask a few questions:

 

1. Where are we as a team? Can we contend next year for a playoff spot?

2. IF 1 is "yes" which QB gives us the best chance of getting there? Current or someone we don't know if we can get or afford.

 

 

I say "yes" is the answer to the first question so #2 makes me think Andy is the still the answer.

 

If I step back from the disappointment of yesterday and realize that Dalton has QB'd this team for 3 years and each year they've made the playoffs then I still lean towards him being the QB. The Bengals aren't finding an Andrew Luck in the 2014 draft who can step right in and perform at a high level.

 

The NFL is a league where you take your best shot while you have the talent. Bengals have the talent for a while. It might not be there long. I say you ride with Andy.

^An interesting debate one of my friends started up after the game was, what about Mike Vick? Do you sign him this offseason and see if he can take the rest of the team over the hump that Andy can't? His theory was, if Vick can stay healthy, worst-case it's another 1st round exit, if he can't stay healthy, they've got Dalton who has proven he can make it to the postseason.

^An interesting debate one of my friends started up after the game was, what about Mike Vick? Do you sign him this offseason and see if he can take the rest of the team over the hump that Andy can't? His theory was, if Vick can stay healthy, worst-case it's another 1st round exit, if he can't stay healthy, they've got Dalton who has proven he can make it to the postseason.

 

I pass on Mike Vick unless he's at the minimum. I do know though that Mike Brown was a big fan of his so it's possible.

I guess the bigger question is should we make a final eval on a QB after 3 years in the league.

I guess the bigger question is should we make a final eval on a QB after 3 years in the league.

 

My thought going in to yesterday's game was they were going to extend him this offseason. After yesterday's debacle, I think they wait and let next season play out before doing anything.

 

I also agree with you regarding Vick. I do think he would be intriguing with the rest of this offense though.

My thought going in to yesterday's game was they were going to extend him this offseason. After yesterday's debacle, I think they wait and let next season play out before doing anything.

 

I also agree with you regarding Vick. I do think he would be intriguing with the rest of this offense though.

 

Might be interesting to see Vick and Bernard doing the read option.

So let me understand this correctly, you guys want Mike to fire Marvin, I can understand that. Some of you want Mike to fire Andy, I can understand that too, however do you guys trust Mike to hire the next coach of this team and draft/trade for the next QB of this team?

So let me understand this correctly, you guys want Mike to fire Marvin, I can understand that. Some of you want Mike to fire Andy, I can understand that too, however do you guys trust Mike to hire the next coach of this team and draft/trade for the next QB of this team?

 

Trust? No, but he's the owner, and since there's no GM, we have no choice.

Sorry to be late to the wake, but here is my take:

 

Marvin - Despite the record, Marvin has to get credit for putting together one heck of a roster and overcoming the Mike Brown burden. My biggest fear if Marvin is gone is the next guy will get vetoed more by Mike Brown in personnel decisions and/or not be as good at putting together a roster as Marvin. The Bengals, like most teams, are a reflection of their coach - talented but inconsistent; better than average but not quite good enough for the top tier. It would be great IMO to have Marvin move to the front office and name Zimmer head coach. I don't see Marvin doing it though and going out with zero post season wins on his resume.

 

Dalton - Dalton has one big problem and it is not arm strength. Heck, his best throws yesterday were long balls. Dalton is not good under pressure. He too often makes bad decisions under pressure. His good games have been when the offensive line keeps the rush away and his bad games are when the offensive line allows too many hits/hurries/sacks. Yesterday, the o-line allowed too much pressure. If Dalton became even more of a game manager and focused on not making turnovers, I do think the Bengals could have playoff success with him. I am not ready to toss Dalton off the ship, but there is no doubt the Bengals need to draft a QB.

 

Offense - I won't say Dalton is getting more blame than he deserves, because he deserves all of it. However, Gruden and the offensive line deserve a big chunk of the blame also, especially Gruden. There is nothing in Gruden's offense that impresses me. I continue to be amazed at his name being mentioned as a possible head coach and my biggest hope is that someone hires him away. We have one of the best TE combos in the NFL and underutilized it all season. AJ Green is one of the 5 best WR's in the NFL and the Bengals use him as a decoy more than the go to guy. On the offensive line, look up the running stats. The Bengals are one of the worst in the NFL at yards per attempt. If it weren't for Gio being one of the best at yards after first hit, they would probably be the worst in the NFL. The reason the Bengals flop in big games is because against the top notch teams pass protection breaks down, just like it did yesterday. The offensive line is the most overrated part of this Bengals team. They dominate against average teams but can't get it done against the top tier teams.

 

That game yesterday was 100% lost by the offense. I don't want to hear any bashing of the defense. Yes, the talking heads blast them for giving up 196 yards on the grounds but 59 of that came on that end of the game run when they were in a in a desperate sell out defense mode. The defense was great yesterday. That defensive effort wins 95% of the time. If the turnovers are even or within one, the Bengals win because the defense was so good. And let's remember, the Bengals played that game without their two best defensive players - Atkins and Leon Hall.

I know it's been said here already, but Gruden should have had ran the rock way more than he did. SD struggled to stop the run and seems they just kept flinging it.

I know it's been said here already, but Gruden should have had ran the rock way more than he did. SD struggled to stop the run and seems they just kept flinging it.

 

Another place where end of the game stats can be misleading. The play calls were 50/50 run to pass in the first three quarters.

Another place where end of the game stats can be misleading. The play calls were 50/50 run to pass in the first three quarters.

 

You watched it, do you think they should have run the ball more, in the 4th?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.