Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phil Robertson Suspended From A&E

Featured Replies

I figured that was the case, but wouldn't a book like that still need the approval of the person it's been written about?

 

The way it read in the article is that Mark Schalabach helped write the book with them.

  • Replies 524
  • Views 41.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So everyone is going to gloss over his comments of pre-entitlement, pre-welfare statements about blacks?

 

Unless there is more that what I read, was he not including himself "white trash" in that lump too?

Me either. While I don't agree with the suspension I definitely understand why he was. Especially after reading the article.
Slightly off-subject, but after reading that article I'm not sure Phil will like it either. The writers vocabulary and mine are very similar. :lol:
So everyone is going to gloss over his comments of pre-entitlement, pre-welfare statements about blacks?

 

Were his race comments that offensive? He discussed his personal experience working side by side with people of another race growing up and everyone seemed happy. I didn't see anything crazy there?

That one bothered me more than his comments about homosexuality. I guess offending homosexuals carries more weight than offending blacks nowadays.

Are there more gay people than black people? Or at least more gay people that watch A&E? :lol2: Things to ponder at night.

95% of people knew where Phil stood on homosexuality, including A&E, but then want to act offended.

 

When it comes down to it, it is all in how he stated his beliefs. Had he just said, "I do not believe ...." and be done with it he probably would not have suffered any repercussions.

 

This.

But he also lumped them in with people who sleep with "this woman and that woman."

 

I don't know what his intent was, but I took it as though he was talking about different sexual acts that he perceives to be sinful.

 

I don't think he did compare them. He mentioned different things he found to be sins. Like sleeping with multiple partners as well.

 

Say that is the case. It still reads funny and A&E has to try to guess which it is.

When it comes down to it, it is all in how he stated his beliefs. Had he just said, "I do not believe ...." and be done with it he probably would not have suffered any repercussions. I am all for gay equality, marriage, etc. but the comments made me pause for a second. I just think many go out of their way to find offense. Then again I get offended by very little.
Something else I believe people are missing.
The way it read in the article is that Mark Schalabach helped write the book with them.

 

The football guy?

Were his race comments that offensive? He discussed his personal experience working side by side with people of another race growing up and everyone seemed happy. I didn't see anything crazy there?

 

And again, people will see and read what they want to see. It reads to me like he is saying before blacks became entitled thanks to welfare they were still happy.

 

But that's his personal experience so it's all good.

Let's be honest this writer had an agenda for shock value. No one on this show has gone out of their way to be a social policy advocate before this interview. I still want to see the context of this interview if there is video.

The football guy?

 

I believe so. He was called a sportswriter in the article.

Unless there is more that what I read, was he not including himself "white trash" in that lump too?

 

The end of that section read as if to say "before that troublesome civil rights nonsense, black people were happy and singing in the South". He painted a Walt Disney "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" version of the South that jumped right off the page at me.

Let's be honest this writer had an agenda for shock value. No one on this show has gone out of their way to be a social policy advocate before this interview. I still want to see the context of this interview if there is video.

 

Now there's no doubt about that. The guy went down there with the intention of asking him questions that would generate responses like this. But in the end, he's the one that gave the answers.

Are there more gay people than black people? Or at least more gay people that watch A&E? :lol2: Things to ponder at night.

 

I'm going to guess that there are more gay people that watch A&E than black people. :D

 

 

 

I have no stats to back up that assumption.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.