Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phil Robertson Suspended From A&E

Featured Replies

People can still believe what they want. That's not the issue. But there are an awful lot of people who seem to think that the idea of "free speech" should actually be "free from consequences speech" which doesn't exist.
This is the part that has me going crazy. The notion that this is a "free speech" issue.
  • Replies 524
  • Views 41.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol2:

 

I just can't take it when any topic, whether I am in favor of it or opposed to it, gains so much steam that everyone is talking about it for days on end.

 

Same here...can't handle it.

 

Fan of the show (to a degree), fan of Phil and the family. Want to see what I'd look like as a multi millionaire? There it is.

 

I've actually been a fan from way back, when it was just Phil and the boys on the Hunting Channel doing their actual "hunting" shows of Duck Commander.

Correct. And when the govt comes to arrest Phil for his religious beliefs, holler at me.

Typical highbrow comment. Not shocked. While he probably could give a rip, he lost his job over his religious beliefs. You have no problem with that or did I miss it?

I've actually been a fan from way back, when it was just Phil and the boys on the Hunting Channel doing their actual "hunting" shows of Duck Commander.

 

I wasn't even aware that there was such a show, but that's probably because I don't hunt.

 

People go crazy about Duck Dynasty & more power to them. I've tried watching it before & it's just not for me. The old uncle was pretty entertaining, but that was about it.

And if by some chance the circumstances were opposite and he supported homosexuality and A&E fired him, this site would blow up with outrage along with every other media outlet in the nation.

This is the part that has me going crazy. The notion that this is a "free speech" issue.

 

Obviously this has nothing to do with free speech. If you or I said the same thing at our work we would or could be fired. My problem with the whole issue is a few things.

 

1. I doubt anyone who watched the show didn't know where Phil stood on certain social issues.

2. I want to see video of this interview and to see if any of the comment were made in jest because this GQ journalist didn't do him any favors.

 

Also I doubt this "suspension" last long. If other people in the family refuse to be filmed A&E will cave quick. It's weird how it has become acceptable though to silence christian beliefs and promote the exact opposite of those beliefs. Private business it's their right right I just find the whole issue silly.

 

Serious if I boycotted or didn't watch every actor or actress on TV I didn't agree with well I'd get a whole lot more reading in.

Typical highbrow comment. Not shocked. While he probably could give a rip, he lost his job over his religious beliefs. You have no problem with that or did I miss it?

 

He was punished for stating his beliefs. A&E knew his beliefs and anyone with more than 7 brain cells knew his beliefs. It is a holier-than-thou stand A&E is trying to take.

And if by some chance the circumstances were opposite and he supported homosexuality and A&E fired him, this site would blow up with outrage along with every other media outlet in the nation.

 

This is valid.

 

Like I said earlier this is a private company so they can do what they want. But after researching some employment laws if he was fired for his christian beliefs he may have a case against them. I think where his case gets weak is the colorful language he uses. If he stuck to scripture he probably has a case against A&E. While it isn't the government. No private business has the right to discriminate either based on ones religion as far as I know.

He was punished for stating his beliefs. A&E knew his beliefs and anyone with more than 7 brain cells knew his beliefs. It is a holier-than-thou stand A&E is trying to take.

I agree.

So if you criticize the homoexuals you get suspended.

You criticize Christians they have to take down Manger scenes and you look like a hero athesist for helping take God out of public eye.

Typical highbrow comment. Not shocked. While he probably could give a rip, he lost his job over his religious beliefs. You have no problem with that or did I miss it?

 

You missed it. He wasn't fired.

He was punished for stating his beliefs. A&E knew his beliefs and anyone with more than 7 brain cells knew his beliefs. It is a holier-than-thou stand A&E is trying to take.

 

I think that sells Christianity a little short. If someone is devoutly Christian I should assume that they will have long-winded opinions on the blight of homosexuality, blacks and welfare, or revisionist history about Nazism, rather than, say, love for humanity or grace?

So everyone is going to gloss over his comments of pre-entitlement, pre-welfare statements about blacks?

Is this the Robertson who just recently wrote a book?
According the GQ article I believe all of them have recently "wrote" a book.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.