Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phil Robertson Suspended From A&E

Featured Replies

I guess freedom of speech and religion only apply to the chosen few.

  • Replies 524
  • Views 41.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess freedom of speech and religion only apply to the chosen few.

 

I don't follow. How was his freedom to express his religious beliefs or right to speech violated?

I don't watch Duck Dynasty. Saw a bit of one episode and was shocked to find out it's a popular show.

 

With that said I get A&E's stance(although at Lipton Bash points out it has it's $ risks).

 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the point of this show is not their religious beliefs. The episode I saw makes it seem like they're just playing roles of somewhat ignorant southerners. So expressing their beliefs on abortion, gay marriage, or homosexuality doesn't seem to be the reason people watch.

 

I assume A&E feels that if they didn't act they fear they might lose viewers. I get that. I support their right to do so.

 

As we always point out , your right to freely express your views doesn't come without potential ramifications.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the point of this show is not their religious beliefs.

 

I don't think it's the main point of the show, but I always assumed it played a pretty significant role. I've seen parts of about 3 episodes, so maybe I'm wrong.

I don't think it's the main point of the show, but I always assumed it played a pretty significant role. I've seen parts of about 3 episodes, so maybe I'm wrong.

 

I guess it depends on "how." Praying at dinner is different than protesting at a pro-life rally.

I guess it depends on "how." Praying at dinner is different than protesting at a pro-life rally.

 

Good point.

To 99.9% of the people who are complaining about lack of the ability to express opinions it has NOTHING to do with the concept. It's 100% the viewpoint being expressed.

I don't follow. How was his freedom to express his religious beliefs or right to speech violated?

 

The overreaction about this on Facebook is at DefCon 3.

The overreaction about this on Facebook is at DefCon 3.

 

I'm not getting on Facebook again until the year 2021.

I am curious as to what factor the actual words used played vs the concept.

 

He could have stated it in a more subtle manner.

Not a free speech issue.

 

It's an employment issue.

I don't know why it's assumed A&E has done this against their financial interests.

I am curious as to what factor the actual words used played vs the concept.

 

He could have stated it in a more subtle manner.

 

Not his style.

Never watched it and probably never will - just doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

 

That being said, I believe Hellbird and LB are pretty much spot on. And hell has not frozen over.

Not a free speech issue.

 

It's an employment issue.

 

Hardly. It's an employment issue if Phil R. came to them WANTING a job.

 

I believe that A&E came to the Robertsons WANTING to make money off of a business partnership with them. I believe this will be seen as a bad business decision on A&E's part.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.