December 30, 201312 yr PP92, I feel like total crap this morning from some little bug I've picked up. But that, my friend, made me laugh out loud! I'd put it on facebook but afraid I'd offend someone. Too funny. To steal a line from Chris Rock, when they suspended him I hadn't seen white people that mad since they cancelled MASH. Edited December 30, 201312 yr by PurplePride92
December 30, 201312 yr All A&E did was follow the University of Louisville's Men's Basketball protocol for suspensions...haha sorry had too!
December 31, 201312 yr I think the entire matter was mishandled, start to finish. I don't see it as a freedom of speech issue. I'm sure it was motivated by money on one side or another. I personally do not approve of homosexuality. I as well know, many people do approve. I do have family and friends that are homosexual. I don't belittle them, I don't talk badly about them. I do believe however that we will all be judged some day, and that is not my job, or yours, THANK GOODNESS. I do my best to not judge anyone just because I believe they sin differently than me. I as well believe that it has become less acceptable to stand up for Christian values and beliefs. To me this is much bigger than Duck Dynasty or A&E. It seems that many groups demand respect for their beliefs, and shun those that disagree with them. However, those same groups don't seem to be willing to give the same rights to others that have beliefs they disagree with. I'll stand down off my soap box now.
December 31, 201312 yr Old video is now surfacing of Phil talking to a group of men telling them to marry 15 and 16 year olds.
December 31, 201312 yr Old video is now surfacing of Phil talking to a group of men telling them to marry 15 and 16 year olds. If I'm not mistaken Phil married his wife when she was 16.
December 31, 201312 yr While I understand that one is illegal while the other is legal, I find it funny that we have selective toleration of sexual behavior. If you are a public figure you cannot object to homosexuality without consequences, however, lets suppose that insteand of Phil stating his belief that homosexuality is a sin, that he instead declared that he preferes to sleep with 12 year old girls. Odds are that he would still be off the show, but nobody would be defending or preaching toleraism for his sexual preference. Old video is now surfacing of Phil talking to a group of men telling them to marry 15 and 16 year olds. See, I knew he was a pervert, just off by a couple of years.
December 31, 201312 yr Old video is now surfacing of Phil talking to a group of men telling them to marry 15 and 16 year olds. Who wouldn't want to stand behind this guy's take on life? He obviously has it all figured out, and sounds like a completely objective thinker that's totally in his right mind. Not at all like a self-appointed mislead subjective arrogant idiot who enjoys the sound of his own voice. Where do I sign up to join his club? Darn it though the line looks a little too long to join today, so I guess that I'll just have to be patient until the adoring crowd clears out for me to get my chance.
December 31, 201312 yr Sounds like he's having some fun with the crowd and joking around...or is he not allowed to do that. Very limited context to this video.
December 31, 201312 yr If I'm not mistaken Phil married his wife when she was 16. Clyde I know you like proper context in conversations , so no where was Phil calling for old men to marry 16 year olds. He even mentioned young men waiting to long to propose. He drew on his own experience of getting married at a young age before all the "good ones" were taken. I happen to disagree , I don't think anyone should get married ever.
December 31, 201312 yr Sounds like he's having some fun with the crowd and joking around...or is he not allowed to do that. Very limited context to this video. Context is always an issue.
December 31, 201312 yr Clyde I know you like proper context in conversations , so no where was Phil calling for old men to marry 16 year olds. He even mentioned young men waiting to long to propose. He drew on his own experience of getting married at a young age before all the "good ones" were taken. I happen to disagree , I don't think anyone should get married ever. I'm all for proper context and it could be missing from that video. I'm not sure how you draw your conclusions though.
December 31, 201312 yr Sounds like he's having some fun with the crowd and joking around...or is he not allowed to do that. Very limited context to this video. He's certainly allowed to do that, and I'm certainly allowed to say his brand of humor is not to my liking... and being a free citizen in a free society, I'm also allowed to say that I think that he's a self-appointed mislead subjective arrogant idiot who enjoys the sound of his own voice.
December 31, 201312 yr I think the entire matter was mishandled, start to finish. I don't see it as a freedom of speech issue. I'm sure it was motivated by money on one side or another. I personally do not approve of homosexuality. I as well know, many people do approve. I do have family and friends that are homosexual. I don't belittle them, I don't talk badly about them. I do believe however that we will all be judged some day, and that is not my job, or yours, THANK GOODNESS. I do my best to not judge anyone just because I believe they sin differently than me. I as well believe that it has become less acceptable to stand up for Christian values and beliefs. To me this is much bigger than Duck Dynasty or A&E. It seems that many groups demand respect for their beliefs, and shun those that disagree with them. However, those same groups don't seem to be willing to give the same rights to others that have beliefs they disagree with. I'll stand down off my soap box now. Y'know what? You are completely entitled and free to think that way, and I respect you especially that, even with your position, you do not negatively bash anyone, but just for kicks, here's an additional view all for the sake of having various points to ponder. This is not meant to hold you personally responsible for what I aim to expand on, and more specifically to society in general that continues to perpetrate misinformation. Y'know what? After being trained by a culture that in many ways doesn't "approve" of homosexuality, even millions of young, and sometimes very healthy talented intelligent and otherwise 'normal' adolescents who start recognizing his or her own 'unchosen' homosexual tendencies at a young age have big time difficulty with his or her own self-esteam because their inexperienced young minds have no understanding of why they feel this way, and have nothing else to go on with their self-identity than to think that they are a 'misfit' because they've been taught they were one by an unaccepting society or religion that told them so. In this early confused self-awareness they too "do not approve" and only wish that they weren't, but can't understand why they can't help it, so as they continue on in their teen years they try and try and try to see if they can just be 'normal' only to find that they can't, and develop a serious identity crisis, and self-hatred, and find themselves never really fitting in or feeling comfortable living even with themselves, and sometimes start to act out in maladjusted behavioral fashion, sometimes even in ways harmful to themselves, and sometimes even contemplating suicide, and some ultimately do kill themselves before they're old enough to think it through and understand that it wasn't them that was abnormal, but just the misinformed society or religion that had so much maladjusted influence on them for them to conclude that there was something wrong with them. Years ago the misinformed society even lead confused homosexuals into medical procedures that included shock treatment and sterilizations only to find that that was gravely ill-effective. Thankfully we've come a long way there in knowing how crazy and ridiculous that was. Wouldn't it be something if some in the present day society could muster the foresight to perhaps understand that where they stand now with their "disapproval" just too might be not in rhythm with reality, and that some day looking back they'd see how misinformed they were. I personally know a girl who was so riddled by an unaccepting upbringing leading to a self-hatred because of her innate attractions to girls that in her early twenties had a sex change so that she could be a boy with attractions to girls like 'normal' people do. Sarah became Seth. I firmly believe that if society hadn't severely messed her head up, Sarah could still be Sarah who's now in her 40's and could've given a bit more time for her mental maturity to finally overrule her younger fears and self-understanding, and understand how society's influence on her wouldn't allow her to just be herself, just the way she was. Some people, because of religion, go into intense religious based corrective attempts by groups who gravely exaggerate their claims of helping people recover, when in truth they have zero effect at "correcting" anyone, but just promote people, including the organization themselves, to learn how to lie to themselves to the Nth degree and live in complete denial. They are so full of it, and their claims are a complete load of hurtful rubbish. Sometimes people (WAY TOO NUMEROUS TO COUNT) will try so hard because of their own "self disapproval" caused by society, to enter into a heterosexual relationship and get married hoping that their feelings will miraculously vanish only to find that they don't, and end up living a lie and also ruining the life of their husband or wife. They weren't trying to be deceptive, but they had believed society so much to believe that there was a chance that if they just tried to be straight that perhaps they could be. Some homosexuals who are lucky enough to think it through and perhaps even have accepting family and friends who "approve" come to find that their own self-approval opens up so many doors in life to live fulfilling loving productive lives without the burden of a self-depreciating identity living in fear and self-hatred leading them to suffer a life of loneliness and paranoia or even create hurtful lives for others that may walk into a lie of a marriage with them. Just imagine how much negative self-awareness could be lifted for millions of sometimes very healthy talented intelligent and otherwise 'normal' adolescents growing up in fear with often suicidal tendencies, if the general populace could somehow think it through as well, and find someway to eventually understand it more clearly enough to "approve", for if they did there'd be a world of difference in the lives of so many millions of sometimes very healthy talented intelligent and otherwise 'normal' adolescents who never chose to be gay, and that they could feel free to live loving fulfilling productive lives. It may seem extreme to isolate the one word "approval" and expand on it so much to the point that some might think overkill, but I think it's a bit overkill that so much of some in society's lack of "approval" continues to perpetrate all the severe ill-effects that a "disapproving" society has for so many years, ill-affecting the lives of so many who absolutely had no choice in the matter, and for the lucky ones who find that life is worth living, and nothing in their self-acceptant life caused anything bad that warranted all the fears they grew up with, or any of the negative attitude they encountered by the society around them, they can lead happy lives. So many are not so lucky, and it may appear that a homosexual's happiness does not hinge of society's "approval", but for 100% of those who found happiness it took a great amount of strength to finally climb the mountain of freedom, and for so many others it ended with living a lie or even ending their lives. So when anyone thinks that their "disapproval" is just an opinion and it doesn't have any bad affect, think again. History has shown that it does, and that "disapproval" continues to perpetrate all the unnecessary ill-affects that have been perpetrated for years and years, when only a bit of understanding, and an informed eventual arrival at "approval" would make a world of difference in an eventual more freer productive loving fulfilling world for all, just as it should be.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.