Rules concerning fans?

The sportsmanship statements are specific to players and coaches. However, fans and others are addressed in a KHSAA by-law, which reads in part:

"It is the clear obligation of principals, coaches, faculty members, boards of education, and all official representatives of member schools to practice the highest principles of sportsmanship and the ethics of competition in all interscholastic relationships with fans, officials, players, coaches, official representatives of member schools, and the general public. The Commissioner and the Board of Control shall have the full authority to suspend the coach,

student, or any member school whose representatives may be convicted on competent evidence of the violation of this obligation. Any violation of this rule in any interscholastic contest shall be immediately reported to the Commissioner by the principal(s) of the school(s) involved, and by the game officials who work in the contest."

Of course, pretty much everything is open to interpretation by school officials or game officials.

The problem is you have too many officials that are thin skinned and throw out fans for yelling for thier team. I have witnessed two toss outs and many warnings from the refs. In each instance there was no profanity, abusive or derogatory remarks made at the officials, just yelling things like "thats a bad call, Horrible call, jive me a break". I do not find sny of these satements worthy of an eviction.