Rules concerning fans?

I don't know exact rules either but would be interested to find out... recently I was at a game where some fans in a student section were kicked out because they were behind the oppositions bench and during a TO they were screaming so loud that the coach had to move players from the bench to the court so they could hear... I didn't think it was right for them to be thrown out...

I don't know exact rules either but would be interested to find out... recently I was at a game where some fans in a student section were kicked out because they were behind the oppositions bench and during a TO they were screaming so loud that the coach had to move players from the bench to the court so they could hear... I didn't think it was right for them to be thrown out...

Thats completely disrespectful and teams should not have to put up with it

:flame:

Thats completely disrespectful and teams should not have to put up with it

:flame:

That's why we play away games. It's part of the reason of having a home court.

Whenever a team goes on the road they are expected to play the crowd while theyre there - and the coach moving his players, isnt that he was feeling disrespected - he was just outmoving them.

Whenever a team goes on the road they are expected to play the crowd while theyre there - and the coach moving his players, isnt that he was feeling disrespected - he was just outmoving them.

100% correct.

I couldn't agree more. :thumb:

I posted this because our administration at Tilghman wont let us do "Daddys boy" and we are trying to counter it by proving we are not breaking any sportsmanship rules. I respect our administration and think they do a great job, but they let us do it all last year and I just dont see anything wrong with it.

The sportsmanship statements are specific to players and coaches. However, fans and others are addressed in a KHSAA by-law, which reads in part:

"It is the clear obligation of principals, coaches, faculty members, boards of education, and all official representatives of member schools to practice the highest principles of sportsmanship and the ethics of competition in all interscholastic relationships with fans, officials, players, coaches, official representatives of member schools, and the general public. The Commissioner and the Board of Control shall have the full authority to suspend the coach,

student, or any member school whose representatives may be convicted on competent evidence of the violation of this obligation. Any violation of this rule in any interscholastic contest shall be immediately reported to the Commissioner by the principal(s) of the school(s) involved, and by the game officials who work in the contest."

Of course, pretty much everything is open to interpretation by school officials or game officials.

I agree... Its a part of basketball and kicking someone out is ruining a good enviroment for the basketball game... It is the coaches job to not let the fans get to the players and the players job to not listen to whats going on in the stands... Rowdy crowds are what makes the games fun. Otherwise it would just be a bunch of moms and dads politely clapping because that is what they are supposed to do...

On a side note... in the particular case, the next time the teams played, the fans of the team that it was done to the first time did the exact same thing. May I point out in both cases the coaches had no problem and in the second game the administration had no problem. The administrator in the first game was the only one...

If that was the HHS-NCC game, I believe there was more to the issue than "crowd volume". The student "encroached" the area where the scorekeepers were. He was warned, re-violated and was ejected. Granted, Ronnie Dawn was "bird-dogging" the students and itching to pitch someone. I thought it was highly creative and took a "home-court" advantage away from NCC...especially when the NCC section shouted back, they got noise from both sides!