Mayfield vs. Williamsburg Predictions (2013 Class 1A State Championship)

theguru

Who wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Someone from the Tri-County area brought up an interesting point to me.

He said he's very worried that Williamsburg was so underrated for so long and that now everyone is kind of giving them the respect they should have gotten all year long, they might not know how to handle the sudden new-found fame and notoriety and have a "big head" going into the Mayfield game. Even went as far as to say it could get ugly if that were the case.

Sounds a little like the Fairview "syndrome" from 2012.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a little like the Fairview "syndrome" from 2012.

I felt like the person had a good point. They talked about how Williamsburg was pretty underrated all year and now that they've opened people's eyes and everyone is acknowledging how good they are, it might take that chip off their shoulder.

If they were gonna take the chip off their shoulder it would have been after last week's win over Hazard. A team that had beaten them 2 years in a row. They were underdogs at home this week and blitzed Raceland. They have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. I doubt they'll let their players get that Chip off now against a dominant Mayfield team.

Someone from the Tri-County area brought up an interesting point to me.

He said he's very worried that Williamsburg was so underrated for so long and that now everyone is kind of giving them the respect they should have gotten all year long, they might not know how to handle the sudden new-found fame and notoriety and have a "big head" going into the Mayfield game. Even went as far as to say it could get ugly if that were the case.

I wouldn't worry to much about it, if they get the "big head" against the Super Power of Class A then you deserve the butt kicking you will get.

My only comment is that someone from Williamsburg said they let teams get ahead of them and then the 2nd half they put it on you. Well I have seen this Mayfield team and I for sure would not let them get to far ahead of you because they are a tremendous 2nd half team themselves. If they put together both halves look out they could beat anyone. JD

Mayfield has been ranked #1 all year long for a reason and they've done nothing to change peoples mind up to this point. In saying that, I believe the Jackets can win this game if they avoid turnovers and just play there game. I don't believe there will be much difference from a talent standpoint. It'll come down to who executes there game plan the best and makes the fewest mistakes. Last year, Fairview had a very strong team, but, they were one dimentional and couldn't get out of there own way due to turnovers & penalties and things snowballed on them. I think W'Burg is a more balanced team. You just never know how a team will react on the big stage, especially being there 1st time there. If they can avoid the turnovers and penalties, I think it'll be a very close game. If not, it could turn quick and get one-sided. I'd say the Cardinals are a better team than N.Laurel and fairly even with Wayne, so, the Jackets will need to be hitting on all cylinders if they hope to pull off the upset.

Not talking about Mayfield fans at all. Talking about the doubters from southeastern KY I know. With that said, I'll talk about what I want to. Don't like it? Don't read it. OK Mayfieldsportsfan?

Why don't you go cry a river. Williamsburg has proven everyone wrong and I am glad they did. But in everyone's defense, Williamsburg hadn't done anything to prove themselves until the start of the playoffs. I watched them last night and dang they look good. Your QB sure can get the job done and the o-line gives him plenty of time to throw, not that he needs much time. I hope it is a great game and no one gets hurt.

Mayfield has been ranked #1 all year long for a reason and they've done nothing to change peoples mind up to this point. In saying that, I believe the Jackets can win this game if they avoid turnovers and just play there game. I don't believe there will be much difference from a talent standpoint. It'll come down to who executes there game plan the best and makes the fewest mistakes. Last year, Fairview had a very strong team, but, they were one dimentional and couldn't get out of there own way due to turnovers & penalties and things snowballed on them. I think W'Burg is a more balanced team. You just never know how a team will react on the big stage, especially being there 1st time there. If they can avoid the turnovers and penalties, I think it'll be a very close game. If not, it could turn quick and get one-sided. I'd say the Cardinals are a better team than N.Laurel and fairly even with Wayne, so, the Jackets will need to be hitting on all cylinders if they hope to pull off the upset.

Wayne is substantially better. Mayfield could be as good as North Laurel, but no way they are as good as Wayne.

Trash, trash, trash......

Boys, Williamsburg is as good as advertised. Mayfield is on a historic run ala Beechwood of the 90's. I hope to see a great game. I still think Mayfield is the favorite. I didn't think we could beat Mayfield if we had won last night and despite Williamsburg dog snotting us, I just don't think they can beat Mayfield. I do think it will be an epic game.

I will say, if Williamsburg has the line play they had last night, especially defensively, Mayfield will have a hard time.

Trash, trash, trash......

Boys, Williamsburg is as good as advertised. Mayfield is on a historic run ala Beechwood of the 90's. I hope to see a great game. I still think Mayfield is the favorite. I didn't think we could beat Mayfield if we had won last night and despite Williamsburg dog snotting us, I just don't think they can beat Mayfield. I do think it will be an epic game.

I will say, if Williamsburg has the line play they had last night, especially defensively, Mayfield will have a hard time.

You ever heard of false advertising?

Substantially?? You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Williamsburg better bring their "A" game. If Mayfield is hitting on all cylinders the whole game.......

Let's look at it this way because frankly it's the only way we can. Mayfield beat Paducah Tilghman by 7 Wayne beat them by 24 after a 5 to 6 hour bus ride. I'll take Wayne all day against Mayfield.