Mayfield vs. Williamsburg Predictions (2013 Class 1A State Championship)

theguru

Who wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Let's look at it this way because frankly it's the only way we can. Mayfield beat Paducah Tilghman by 7 Wayne beat them by 24 after a 5 to 6 hour bus ride. I'll take Wayne all day against Mayfield.

That game was not as close the score. 21-0 at the half. Went to cruise control. And your right all you got is comparing scores. And Wayne County may can beat Mayfield...Maybe... But the thread is about Mayfield/Williamsburg .

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's look at it this way because frankly it's the only way we can. Mayfield beat Paducah Tilghman by 7 Wayne beat them by 24 after a 5 to 6 hour bus ride. I'll take Wayne all day against Mayfield.

Or we could look at it for what it is

The 100Th game between Mayfield at PT, a rival game where as often as not the underdog wins. As the old timers say in WKY, It only a successful season if you beat PT and vise versa. A game where Mayfield jumps out big and PT gets some garbage late

The Lit has Mayfield at 108.7 and Wayne at 104.1, the same Lit that is rarely wrong at this point in the season. Last night Lit went 9-3 with the the miss on Williamsburg though this was a virtual tie with Race being a 90.6 and William being 89.8

Wayne 104.1 over PT 107.6 but PT lost their defensive coordinator this week, the guy they brought in after losing 5 in a row, the same guy credited with the turn around of their season. Many felt PT would go down without a DC and they did.

LIt's big miss was Belfry 102.8 over Bourbon 113.6

I think Mayfield makes a pretty good case that they are better than Wayne and certainly there is no substantially about it. Even so Wayne wiped the field with Williamsburg.

The 100Th game between Mayfield at PT, a rival game where as often as not the underdog wins. As the old timers say in WKY, It only a successful season if you beat PT and vise versa. A game where Mayfield jumps out big and PT gets some garbage late

The Lit has Mayfield at 108.7 and Wayne at 104.1, the same Lit that is rarely wrong at this point in the season. Last night Lit went 9-3 with the the miss on Williamsburg though this was a virtual tie with Race being a 90.6 and William being 89.8

Wayne 104.1 over PT 107.6 but PT lost their defensive coordinator this week, the guy they brought in after losing 5 in a row, the same guy credited with the turn around of their season. Many felt PT would go down without a DC and they did.

I think Mayfield makes a pretty good case that they are better than Wayne and certainly there is no substantially about it. Even so Wayne wiped the field with Williamsburg.

We play games on the field not on computers, LIT is just another computer ranking and like the BCS it's far and away not a guarantee. Computer numbers will punish Williamsburg for probably the weakest district in the state, and knock their numbers way down.

We play games on the field not on computers, LIT is just another computer ranking and like the BCS it's far and away not a guarantee. Computer numbers will punish Williamsburg for probably the weakest district in the state, and knock their numbers way down.

Your are correct but you played the ole score comparing game. That's not on the field is it?

Your are correct but you played the ole score comparing game. That's not on the field is it?

It's the only way I could even remotely compare. And I would take common opponent scores over computers any day of the week. I agree it's not very accurate, but I've see Wayne play and they are one of the best teams I've seen our way in a long time.

It's the only way I could even remotely compare. And I would take common opponent scores over computers any day of the week. I agree it's not very accurate, but I've see Wayne play and they are one of the best teams I've seen our way in a long time.

I don't think it's as accurate as computers because the computers are over the season where all you are doing is comparing one score without even seeing Mayfield play once and the variables that go into a win or a lose. Wayne may be as good as you say but I can't go on just the one common opponent. All both can say is that they beat PT.

Then you need to get out and see a little more ball

Lit's numbers speak volumes for themselves, they need no defense this late in the season

In keeping with the computer theme, here is the PROJECT A MATCHUP for the game and it came out way closer than what I was getting

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

[2013] Mayfield (KY) 35, [2013] Williamsburg (KY) 20

Listen, I think Wayne is that good. I've been more than impressed with them and hope they bring the 3a title to Monticello. But, how many scores could we compare and it just not jive. Caldwell vs Murray, for example. CC wins 48-14 in regular season, then loses 27-14 in playoffs. A tale of 2 games with totally different results. Mayfield dominated PT in the 1st half, then PT came out inspired in the 2nd half and made a game of it, although the final score was closer than the game indicated. Like someone else stated, a late TD to make it look more respectable. But, guess what, Wayne Co beat PT more than Highlands did. Does that mean you think there's no way Highlands is in Wayne's class?

I meant trash talking. Haha You guys are going at it hard and it's only Sat morning.

It's going to be a fun week, I didn't expect these boys to have as much posting spunk but a couple of them do and I fully intend on making the most of it sparring away with them.

I see this as a 28 to 35 point Cards win, I just don't see any areas where I feel they are better, including at QB

Don't have any idea how good Williamsburg is, I know you gotta be good or you don't get to BG. However I do believe, that despite not being the best cardinal team to make it to BG, this team has enuff offensive weapons to get the job done. While they are not as explosive as some past teams, the O line is tuff,and mills and bright are an decent 1-2 punch. The QB and recievers ( which there are about 5 good ones) are very hard to stop. Defense is starting to gel, and it's very hard to run on this defense. We have been to the big stage 4 years straight, so I don't think the atmosphere will be as big of a distraction to mayfield as it COULD be to Williamsburg. I'll take cardinals by 3 touchdowns.

Williamsburg is very, very good on both sides of the ball. The Jackets defense is excellent, extremely quick and hard hitting. Should their receiver's be as good as the QB, they would be even better than they are. Williamsburg had recievers with balls bouncing off of them all night according to the radio crew calling the Raceland game with the Jackets.

Williamsburg, as I said, is jmo stronger on defense than offense. That was the only team all season that Raceland did not move the football on, we got one drive going all night and scored in the 2nd Qtr., that was it.

I am predicting Mayfield to win on the sole reasoning that they have been there before, won it more than once and are the defending state champions until someone beats them. Williamsburg just ay be that someone, are very good but I will pick.....

Mayfield 27

Williamsburg 22

No disrespect to you Rambler or the jackets, but I don't know if Raceland's definition of very, very good is the same as Mayfield's. Mayfield is playing top 10 teams week in and week out. The Burg will probably be somewhere like 5th or 6th when it comes to toughest teams on the Mayfield schedule. It's all relative.