Mayfield vs. Williamsburg Predictions (2013 Class 1A State Championship)

theguru

Who wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I would GUESS that,

McCraken Co

Graves Co

Caldwell Co

Paducah Tilghman , are better than the jackets,

Russellville

Ft Cambell

Murray

Frankfort, are as good as the Jackets. We beat all these teams Except Caldwell, and we played them a very good game. You still have to suit up and TCB, but I don't think the Jackets will be any better than 8 teams we have already faced. If the cardinals suit up, strap up, and play their game, my money is on them.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure W'Burg is any better than those teams mentioned above, but, teams like Russellville and Murray were one dimensional and I'd think W'Burg would be a tougher game because they're more balanced offensively. I would also say they're better than Ft Campbell and Frankfort. McCracken Co and Caldwell Co would be the only 2 teams I'd definitely say were better, but, we were only 1 and 1 vs those 2 teams and could have been 0 and 2 had McCracken had a kicker. The Jackets get my full respect and Mayfield will have to play there A game to beat them. A mediocre game won't get it done, nor should it, in a state championship game.

I feel rather confident that the Cardinals will not take the Yellow Jackets lightly. The seniors on this year's team can probably stil feel the sting from the loss in the 2011 title game to Hazard. I do believe that Mayfield will win this game...and I am basing that just on how well our defense is playing.

Interesting side note, Mayfield should be the visitors, and we have yet to win one in Bowling Green with our bench on that side of the field...until this year. :)

I'm not sure W'Burg is any better than those teams mentioned above, but, teams like Russellville and Murray were one dimensional and I'd think W'Burg would be a tougher game because they're more balanced offensively. I would also say they're better than Ft Campbell and Frankfort. McCracken Co and Caldwell Co would be the only 2 teams I'd definitely say were better, but, we were only 1 and 1 vs those 2 teams and could have been 0 and 2 had McCracken had a kicker. The Jackets get my full respect and Mayfield will have to play there A game to beat them. A mediocre game won't get it done, nor should it, in a state championship game.

I have to disagree, after a review of them I don't see anything that scares me at all. That is just being brutally honest!

Their schedule looks like the sisters of the poor compared to ours. Of the 14 teams we have played, 9 have a higher Lit rating. Only 5 teams we played have a lower Lit Ranking they are Fulton City, Fulton Co, Caverna, Louisville Holy Cross and Marshall Co.

If this is not a blow out I will be shocked and it is what it is, a game that is a huge mismatch.

No sugar coating here, Mayfield easily and good chance of a running clock

Love the total lack of respect. If Mayfield's players listen to all those around them talking like they are on here and Williamsburg can punch them in the mouth early they may not recover.

You can tell Williamsburg has never been to the finals. They really believe the players of Mayfield will believe anything that is said on a message board. Mayfield has been hit in the mouth plenty of times this year. They just keep going and keep giving it their best.

Not a total lack of respect for Williamsburg. Just being realistic.

There is absolutely no way to know how this game will go. Is Mayfield the favorite? Absolutely. But to get on here and proclaim they will win by 4 or 5 scores and run over them is insane. There is no way to guarantee they are that much better.

There is absolutely no way to know how this game will go. Is Mayfield the favorite? Absolutely. But to get on here and proclaim they will win by 4 or 5 scores and run over them is insane. There is no way to guarantee they are that much better.

I have seen Williamsburg. There is no way that they can play with them. JMO. Sorry if can't handle it. Probably seen more football than you have just stating my opinion.

I have seen Williamsburg. There is no way that they can play with them. JMO. Sorry if can't handle it. Probably seen more football than you have just stating my opinion.

No I can handle it. Have you seen Mayfield?

And on that note I hope you haven't seen Bell County Middle School football this year, Bell is about to go way down. Whitley was up on them like 16-0 20 seconds in to the game in 8th grade this year.

Mayfield prepares their whole season for the playoffs and possibly the State finals. They schedule teams that are usually better than just about anything they will see in 1A. I have my doubts Williamsburg does this. However, this is not a 100% guaranteed victory. I do think this also has the possibility of being a blowout.