Mayfield vs. Williamsburg Predictions (2013 Class 1A State Championship)

theguru

Who wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

No disrespect to you Rambler or the jackets' date=' but I don't know if Raceland's definition of very, very good is the same as Mayfield's. Mayfield is playing top 10 teams week in and week out. The Burg will probably be somewhere like 5th or 6th when it comes to toughest teams on the Mayfield schedule. It's all relative.[/quote']

You may very well be right, I know how good of program that Mayfield along with several others in the West have. I cannot and will not argue due to the simple fact that I haven't seen you or those others play. I will say that I would love to have a top program like you have at Mayfield at Raceland, not to trade - I would not give up my team for anyone's, not bc I think that Raceland is superior to your program but bc Raceland is where I grew up, went to school, live now and will support win or lose. I know that Raceland, had we gotten past Williamsburg wanted your Mayfield team as the opponent, no bc I felt that Raceland would win but rather to see how we stack up, how far we need to go or if Raceland would be comparable. I have nothing but respect for Mayfield, Beechwood along with the other top 1A programs in NKY and WKY. :thumb:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not talking about Mayfield fans at all. Talking about the doubters from southeastern KY I know. With that said, I'll talk about what I want to. Don't like it? Don't read it. OK Mayfieldsportsfan?

Most everyone I talked to in Corbin thought that Williamsburg would beat Hazard, most said they didn't know much about Raceland, but thought that Williamsburg would more than likely win at home.

Now this week is another story, most think that Mayfield will have too much for the Yellow Jackets, but that they will have a puncher's chance due to their passing game.

Heck, I have to pull for Williamsburg because one of my neighbors plays for them.

I think Mayfield wins this one. I believe they are the more tested team and have won against stiffer competition all year. With that said, anything can happen especially when weather plays a factor, which is appears it might. I'm seeing something in the 34-20 range. But anything can happen.

I have seen both teams this season. Williamburg dont stick out on film the way Mayfield does.

Mayfield defensive line is the best I have seen in some time. I do think Willimaburg can have some success throwing the football. But not sure it will be enough to beat Mayfield.

I also don't think WIlliamsburg can allow the Mayfield QB time to throw. I also dont think they can pressure him without blitzing.

Mayfield 35

Williamsburg 14

Williamsburg proved a lot against Raceland, especially in the trenches. But Mayfield has made the state finals a "home away from home" the past couple years. Mayfield has more experience in the finals compared to the jackets.

Mayfield 42

Williamsburg 21

Williamsburg proved a lot against Raceland, especially in the trenches. But Mayfield has made the state finals a "home away from home" the past couple years. Mayfield has more experience in the finals compared to the jackets.

Mayfield 42

Williamsburg 21

Welcome to BGP, and thanks for your analysis of the Raceland-Williamsburg game. Definitely agree that Mayfield has an edge as far as experience goes.

Welcome to BGP' date=' and thanks for your analysis of the Raceland-Williamsburg game. Definitely agree that Mayfield has an edge as far as experience goes.[/quote']

Thank you. Mayfield has a strong program. Williamsburg has built theirs year by year and is slowly becoming one of 1A's strongest programs. IMO Mayfield is much better than Williamsburg on paper, but paper means nothing when it comes to the playoffs. Williamsburg is a good team or they would not be in the finals. Anything can happen. It would be interesting to see Williamsburg contest Mayfield for an entire game, but I think Mayfield's experience and endurance runs away with this one early in the second half.

Williamsburg is very, very good on both sides of the ball. The Jackets defense is excellent, extremely quick and hard hitting. Should their receiver's be as good as the QB, they would be even better than they are. Williamsburg had recievers with balls bouncing off of them all night according to the radio crew calling the Raceland game with the Jackets[/b].

This statement really surprises me. The Williamsburg WR's are actually one of their strengths, Griffith and Shelton often times make big plays out of nothing.

This statement really surprises me. The Williamsburg WR's are actually one of their strengths' date=' Griffith and Shelton often times make big plays out of nothing.[/quote']

I totally agree with you. I thought the receiving corp was a strength of Williamsburg's. That is why the weather forecast has me calling this one for Mayfield. I would like to have seen this one on a 65 degree dry day. Then we could've seen Wburg's offense in full stride. Rain, freezing rain & low temperature gives the advantage to Mayfield. IMO

I totally agree with you. I thought the receiving corp was a strength of Williamsburg's. That is why the weather forecast has me calling this one for Mayfield. I would like to have seen this one on a 65 degree dry day. Then we could've seen Wburg's offense in full stride. Rain, freezing rain & low temperature gives the advantage to Mayfield. IMO

Weather is a part of the game. Surely the offense isnt built only to work in 65 and above?

This is a blowout for Mayfield. Im predicting a running clock. I would love to see an upset here, but I don't think its gonna happen. Williamsburg has a great coaching staff and I know they will do everything they can to get their kids ready

This is a blowout for Mayfield. Im predicting a running clock. I would love to see an upset here' date=' but I don't think its gonna happen. Williamsburg has a great coaching staff and I know they will do everything they can to get their kids ready[/quote']

I wouldn't say a blowout but I definitely think Mayfield's coaches will get their kids focussed. Williamsburg is no blow over team. Especially when a team makes it this far. Mayfield, IMO, will get the better half of Williamsburg.