USA Today fan poll best coach in KY

kypride

Ok, right now Dale M for Highlands is in LAST place. That might work it self out eventually, but that kind of invalidates the whole pole right there.

So vote for Dale, its a fanbase contest and has until Oct 6 I believe.

The KY coaches in contention:

Beatty Trinity

Holcomb Hatcher Co, Central

Hayward Belfry

Larkey Harlan Co.

McGlore Russell

Mueller Highlands

Scroggins L'ville Centtral

Wallace Bowling Green

Vote at Best Coach

Vote as often as you want thru Oct 8 for each state then Regionals thru Oct 18, then finals thru Oct 21. Schools athletic departments win $2000. $1000, $500, $250, $100. Truly a popularity contest, so I am rooting for Scroggins of Central. Not my school coach. I feel they do good work and could use the money.

The KY coaches in contention:

Beatty Trinity

Holcomb Hatcher Co, Central

Hayward Belfry

Larkey Harlan Co.

McGlore Russell

Mueller Highlands

Scroggins L'ville Centtral

Wallace Bowling Green

Vote at Best Coach

Vote as often as you want thru Oct 8 for each state then Regionals thru Oct 18, then finals thru Oct 21. Schools athletic departments win $2000. $1000, $500, $250, $100. Truly a popularity contest, so I am rooting for Scroggins of Central. Not my school coach. I feel they do good work and could use the money.

I will be splitting my votes between Beatty and Scroggins....I agree Central could use the money, but I feel Trinity could too. AND while I truly feel Beatty is the best, I also feel that Scroggins could possibly be, as his circumstances are certainly much more challenging.

Anything driven by fan votes is going to be skewed. Much like when UK dominates any kind of online basketball fan vote. The results of this "contest" may be self-validating for the fans, but it won't tell us who the best coach in KY is. At best it might reveal who's fans are most passionate about their coach, and which ones have the most time on their hands.

The rest of you can suck it because my coach is winning. :banana:

The only true way to measure how good a coach is I feel is to let him coach a team like Mccreary Central, Berea, Knott. If they do good there then they apparently are pretty good.

Take Bob Beatty, he has all the talent in the world, how can he not win at Trinity.

What coach on the list has the hardest job due to lack of talent around him and still winning.

Anything driven by fan votes is going to be skewed. Much like when UK dominates any kind of online basketball fan vote. The results of this "contest" may be self-validating for the fans, but it won't tell us who the best coach in KY is. At best it might reveal who's fans are most passionate about their coach, and which ones have the most time on their hands.

The rest of you can suck it because my coach is winning. :banana:

Especially when Belfry is involved since they have bar none the best fanbase in KY... there I said it.. where ya at Trinity and Highlands fans? Going to let a little ole one stoplight town beat you?