USA Today fan poll best coach in KY

kypride

Especially when Belfry is involved since they have bar none the best fanbase in KY... there I said it.. where ya at Trinity and Highlands fans? Going to let a little ole one stoplight town beat you?

Hahaha...I love it!!!

I will say Cooper's fan base is pretty good too although young. Last year in the post season they had more fans at all the away games than the home teams did in 4 of the 5 weeks. The only game they didn't out number the home team fans was at the State Championship game in Bowling Greens backyard.

The fan base may not be the best in the state .... yet....but it's a pretty good start.

Anything driven by fan votes is going to be skewed. Much like when UK dominates any kind of online basketball fan vote. The results of this "contest" may be self-validating for the fans, but it won't tell us who the best coach in KY is. At best it might reveal who's fans are most passionate about their coach, and which ones have the most time on their hands.

The rest of you can suck it because my coach is winning. :banana:

Then again, Dale and Bob might have actually passed the ball frequently to Tony Messer in the state championships games against Central and come home a winner!

:isurrender:

Sorry Toots, the Devil made me do it! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update.. Haywood won the KY Vote with the highest total # of votes in the Nation.

The Regional Round is wrapping up and it has truly been a special sight as the Belfry fans have went head to head with the fan from Stillman Valley, IL and have just voted at an unprecedented pace.

It has been neck and neck and Haywood has nearly 3X more votes than the leader of any other Region.

Vote!

If you want to cast your support for the guy representing the Bluegrass State then here is the link

After the coach from Stillman Valley took the lead briefly last night, Belfry's fans have kicked it into gear in the last half day.

Coach Haywood currently is at nearly 400,000 votes, and has about a 30,000 vote lead. That is mind boggling considering how small this town and community is.

The dedication of the Pond Creek Nation is amazing, they do love their coach and they love to win.