Joe B Hall Classic Field 2014

Walter

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not totally surprised that Ballard is not in it, they generally do not travel very far east in the state to play. Trinity played in the Classic last year also.

Traveled all the way to beautiful downtown Sandy Hook, KY to take on Elliott Co. when the Faulkners were there. That's far east brother. Some might say deep east.

Traveled all the way to beautiful downtown Sandy Hook, KY to take on Elliott Co. when the Faulkners were there. That's far east brother. Some might say deep east.

Yea... Don't think Ballard is trembling at the thought of playing anyone.

Louisville/Jefferson County Public Schools might have some policies that keep them from playing too many people though. If I'm not mistaken, they have policies on how far they can travel for road games, etc.

Louisville/Jefferson County Public Schools might have some policies that keep them from playing too many people though. If I'm not mistaken, they have policies on how far they can travel for road games, etc.

Agree. They came to GRC in 2011 and GRC won that game too.

I guess then everyone is afraid to play them? Outside the LIT/KOB etc tourneys they really dont play much of a schedule.

I guess then everyone is afraid to play them? Outside the LIT/KOB etc tourneys they really dont play much of a schedule.

IIRC, they've opened with Scott County three or four years straight. That's just one example. I've always thought of Ballard as a team who plays a fairly tough schedule. I'd imagine that they are obligated to play some games because of district play, etc. as well.

Last year's team also played:

Travis (HS of the Harrison twins, now at UK)

Jefffersonville, Indiana (usually a good team year-in and year-out)

Indianapolis Cathedral (another strong Indiana team)

All of these games were before Christmas, and none were in events like the LIT or King of the Bluegrass that you'd mentioned.

Their non-tournament schedule before Christmas alone probably had more tough games that most teams will play their entire year, tournaments included.

I'd also imagine that their district seeds and they must give 3 games to the other district teams. Eastern is a good program, but I don't really see Ballard scheduling Kentucky Country Day and Christian Academy of Louisville otherwise.

• 2 months later...