Campbell County/Highlands Predictions

uk#1fan

Who do you think wins this game?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

• Campbell County
    • Highlands

With the new running clock rule at 36 it will do as intended and keep the score from getting into the 60's or 70's.

That explains why there was a running clock in the HHS v UC game last Saturday.

Back to the thread, HHS starters play the 1st half and win by daylight. Kuddos to Lickert for scheduling the Birds.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can only beat Newport 27-7 says a lot. Thus, playing the Birds doesn't bode well for the Camels.

LB don't look into the score against Newport to much. Camels could of ran the ball every time and the score would of been worse. Lickert knows that his passing attack is by far the weakest part of their offense and he threw the ball a ton against Newport when they were getting 6-8 yards a carry on the ground. He used that game to work on passing, knowing they need a ton of work on it and it showed. They threw the ball a ton in their scrimmage against Cov Cath. Gotta work the kinks out of that passing game quickly. I'm sure this week highlands will work on things that they didn't like in their game Saturday (whatever that may be cause I thought they looked real good) maybe a slow start is all I saw.

LB don't look into the score against Newport to much. Camels could of ran the ball every time and the score would of been worse. Lickert knows that his passing attack is by far the weakest part of their offense and he threw the ball a ton against Newport when they were getting 6-8 yards a carry on the ground. He used that game to work on passing, knowing they need a ton of work on it and it showed. They threw the ball a ton in their scrimmage against Cov Cath. Gotta work the kinks out of that passing game quickly. I'm sure this week highlands will work on things that they didn't like in their game Saturday (whatever that may be cause I thought they looked real good) maybe a slow start is all I saw.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'm sure some of us didn't know this.

Also helps Zabonick is back, did not have him in the Cov Cath scrimmage.

This. Birds come out quick and call off the dogs.

I know it is in a football thread but this is the first time I have even see afi pick against the camels. Based on this, I will pick the birds as well. :)

Steve has done a great job both of his years in Camelville at working on development of players and schemes during the preseason, scrimmage and pre-district games. It has paid off come district time in NKY 6A. However, this is not a winnable game for the Camels now or later in 2013. I call it success if they dodge the running clock - not a moral victory, but success to build on for the remainder of the year.

Big ups to the humpbacks for scheduling the Birds! Lickert knows playing tough teams makes you better later in the season and overall in your program. Plenty of playing time for all the Birds in this one. Birds won't be looking to run it up, but if CC is turning it over.....well, it could be ugly. Won't be long before CCHS is challenging in this game.

I think Highlands will win, but don't forget that there are two coaches out in the County that are very, very familiar with Highlands O and D. They know the strengths and the weaknesses. Those two will have the Camels absolutely jacked to play the Birds Friday night. I think the Camels have been preparing for this game since the day after the game was agreed to. Again, I'm not predicting a Camel win or even just a tight win by the Birds, but I'll be really, really surprised if it's a blowout. Hope I'm wrong.

No prediction from me on the score, just compliments to Lickert for stepping up. He knows what he has to do to get Camels on the right path.

I agree, southbird. There is NO WAY the Camels can make this competitive at all, but kudos to Lickert for scheduling them. The only way you can improve is by scheduling the best. They will be outmatched and outgunned, but I give them credit for manning up and playing them. This will be humbling for them and give them a good perspective on what it takes to be an elite program.

I should have mentioned that I think it's great that Coach Lickert scheduled this game. You have to play better teams to get better. Great bunch of athletes at CCHS and no disrespect at all about observations. I look for some hard hitting in this game on both sides of the ball...this bunch of seniors has some boys from the southern part of the county at HHS and they all know each other and are good friends and competitors. Good luck to both, looking forward to it. :dancingpa

Saw Cov Cath scrimmage. Highlands speed and two platoon will just wear out CCH. Eli Mathews who plays safety for CCH is pretty fast and broke well on the ball and kept stride with Cov Cath receiving core is a pretty good player. Couple good running backs and linemen for CCH too. If Birds run hurry up O, it could be a running clock in first quarter. It looked like UC was standing still while HHS picked them apart. I wish Steve the best of luck the rest of the year and into the playoffs but Friday night will belong to the teacher not the pupil.