Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrison Twins, James Young not yet eligible

Featured Replies

Cases like that and Young pretty much solidify that no D-1 athlete should be ruled academically ineligible... They're given help as is, and Bledsoe somehow managed to qualify, and James Young even has a learning disability and will probably qualify (nothing out there to suggest he won't.) I know school just "isn't for" some of these kids, but it's not that hard. Pay attention in class, and do your work and you're good to go.

 

Everyone's learning is subjective. Easy to you can only be seen as easy because it's all you know.

Unless you've ever had a learning disability, you have no idea what you're talking about.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone's learning is subjective. Easy to you can only be seen as easy because it's all you know.

Unless you've ever had a learning disability, you have no idea what you're talking about.

 

Good point.

 

BUT, when I was in high school I pretty much made straight A's and B's to sit in the locker rooms five or six periods of the day playing Xbox. I wasn't even a high level athlete, I couldn't imagine what it would be like for some of these kids. I realize every school, state, and school district is going to be different but I would assume a lot of these high level kids are given a pass early on and have grown accustomed to getting by with a lot of things most students normally wouldn't. A free pass so to speak. So then it becomes a matter of is it truly a LD or have some of these kids been passed through the system without doing much only to hit a point to where you do have to start doing something and they are just simply under prepared compared to a lot of kids. And Obviously I am not saying this as a 100% fact about all athletes, but you all are lying if you don't think some of these kids pretty much make their grades just becuase they are really good at athletics.

On a related note, at my old high school (now defunct after consolidation) there was a big time athlete back in the early 90's who was one of the free pass kids I just talked about. Didn't do anything all day the half of day he did come to school. They even had someone else take his ACT for him.

 

Well moral of the story was he got to college and he couldn't hack it because he never had to do anything his entire life. Everything was basically given to him, sadly he's now in his mid to late thirties still living the same mentality. Thinks the whole world owes him something and doesn't do anything on his own, doesn't work, does the least he can get by with. All the while throwing away so much promise. There used to be a scout that came to Pikeville College and NAIA games and he found out that my friend had grown up in the same town as the guy I'm talking about. He went on to ask what he was doing now and how he was doing and they said if we told you the truth you wouldn't believe us, and the scout replied well thats a shame, he's the only boy I've ever scouted who could have went pro in all three sports.

So what is the word on this? Are we still waiting on summer school to finish? The state of Kentucky is still standing so I am assuming we still don't know. Anybody got anything?

So what is the word on this? Are we still waiting on summer school to finish? The state of Kentucky is still standing so I am assuming we still don't know. Anybody got anything?

 

They should be good to go when they get here for the fall semester. You know if there was any truth to this rumor that a few of the ESPN analysis ( that just love UK...:D) would run with it.....nothing.

Ben Roberts @NextCats

UK b-ball spokesman says nothing has changed Re: the incoming freshmen: "We fully expect all of our guys to be here by the end of August."

I've never been worried about the Twins, from what I can gather, they should have no problems qualifying.

I've read that Young has some type of learning disability so his situation is a little more troubling.

 

I just can't imagine that Cal wouldn't have absolutely begged Wiltjer to stay (he may have and we don't know about it) if he thought Young wouldn't be with the team this season.

Young's high school coach says "there's no need to worry" about the player's status at UK.

 

?No problem whatsoever? with Young?s eligibility » UK basketball and football recruiting news

 

Love this quote from his coach:

 

When asked specifically about Young’s academic status, Pleasant said there is “no question whatsoever” that he will be eligible to play this season.

Any updates?

 

Your boy Matt Jones says there won't be any problems.

Your boy Matt Jones says there won't be any problems.

 

Yeah well Mike Rutherford says they haven't passed Algebra 1. :lol2:

 

(He didn't really, obviously.)

 

Your boy Matt Jones says there won't be any problems.

 

Bledsoe is alum... Enough said.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.