Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrison Twins, James Young not yet eligible

Featured Replies

According to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports.com, It looks as though 3 of the top 10 recruits for the class of 2013 acquired by Kentucky are not academically eligible yet to play for the school. Little information is known at the moment, but the school has released a statement saying they expect their class of 2013 signees to attend their fall classes. It is possible it could simply be a matter of the players needing to complete some summer credits before being allowed to play. That would be the same situation Florida’s Chris Walker currently finds himself in.

 

Stay tuned to Busting Brackets as more information becomes available.

 

 

 

 

http://bustingbrackets.com/2013/07/26/harrison-twins-and-james-young-not-academically-eligible-yet-to-play/

  • Replies 38
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge news but I can't figure out if UK fans should be worried or not. I am assuming they'll get their class work taken care of in a timely manner.

If Bledsoe could make academic eligibility, I have all the confidence in the world that these guys will manage.

If Bledsoe could make academic eligibility, I have all the confidence in the world that these guys will manage.

 

Cases like that and Young pretty much solidify that no D-1 athlete should be ruled academically ineligible... They're given help as is, and Bledsoe somehow managed to qualify, and James Young even has a learning disability and will probably qualify (nothing out there to suggest he won't.) I know school just "isn't for" some of these kids, but it's not that hard. Pay attention in class, and do your work and you're good to go.

I still think the "play for a year in college" rule is ridiculous.

If Bledsoe could make academic eligibility, I have all the confidence in the world that these guys will manage.

 

Doran Lamb as well.

Doran Lamb as well.

What... are Lamb and Bledsoe first-class idiots or something?

Here is the rest of that twitter conversation. They should be fine.

 

 

Interesting since summer school is almost over. Something tells me this is off.

What... are Lamb and Bledsoe first-class idiots or something?

Not sure on Lamb but Bledsoe is about as bright as a nightlight.

Not sure on Lamb but Bledsoe is about as bright as a nightlight.

 

He's a dumb millionaire.

If they're ineligible, it has to be Getslow's fault.

 

I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just a Louisville fan... with a job... and a life. Who do you think I am? I don't have time to hatch evil schemes to bring down the UK basketball team...

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayO1wtXbh_Q

Cases like that and Young pretty much solidify that no D-1 athlete should be ruled academically ineligible... They're given help as is, and Bledsoe somehow managed to qualify, and James Young even has a learning disability and will probably qualify (nothing out there to suggest he won't.) I know school just "isn't for" some of these kids, but it's not that hard. Pay attention in class, and do your work and you're good to go.

 

 

If by 'school' you mean college, and if it were that easy for you, I'm interested to know where you ended up going to college. If it's less than Ivy League, I could be disappointed-- after all, if all you have to do is "pay attention in class, and do your work", and it should have been easy.

 

If exceptions are made for athletes, that's different, but I don't think it's fair to say that someone with a learning disability (which can be compensated for in some ways, but not in others) can just breeze through to the college of their choosing when we don't really know the full story. Without knowing more, I would argue that the "isn't more" clause in your statement is pregnant and that it's a little more complex than "paying attention in class and doing your work", otherwise there'd be different outcomes in situations similar to those wherein what's being implied is obviously at stake.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.