Who is this generation's Steve McQueen?

I think you need to start with a list of "A-List" actors from this generation. Also, a definition of "this generation" wouldn't hurt either. For example, is Al Pacino "this generation" at 73 years old? If so, is Ryan Gosling also "this generation" with his 32 years of age?

A few A-listers that come to mind for me:

George Clooney

Brad Pitt

Will Smith

Mark Wahlburg

Adrien Brody

Denzel Washington

Ryan Gosling

Tom Cruise

Johnny Depp

Leonardo Dicaprio

Al Pacino

Tom Hanks

Ben Affleck

Matt Damon

Robert DeNiro

Justin Timberlake

Morgan Freeman

Jake Gyllenhaal

Bradley Cooper

Kevin Spacey

Jeremy Renner

Tom Hardy

Christian Bale

Ryan Gosling is pretty high up there in my book right now. I'd also say Justin Timberlake and Bradley Cooper are really close to the front in the competition too.

How about Hugh Jackman? Guys probably like him as "Wolverine", while the women dig him in the chick flicks like "Kate and Leopold" or "Les Mis". Plus, I think he and his wife do a lot with charity.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Hugh Jackman? Guys probably like him as "Wolverine", while the women dig him in the chick flicks like "Kate and Leopold" or "Les Mis". Plus, I think he and his wife do a lot with charity.

One I didn't think about. He's a possibility. Movies good. Personal life...might be a tad on the drab side, I don't know. Good guy though any way you slice it.

Jason Statham?

Dennis Haysbert?

Jason Statham and Mark Wahlberg both have the tough guy persona to maybe compare to McQueen but really, none of today's actors would qualify in my opinion. Now I want to go to the video store and rent a few McQueen movies. Any recommendations?

Jason Statham and Mark Wahlberg both have the tough guy persona to maybe compare to McQueen but really, none of today's actors would qualify in my opinion. Now I want to go to the video store and rent a few McQueen movies. Any recommendations?

Bullitt

Daniel Craig can't drive a stick so he is out. Actor wise though just watch Layer Cake and he fits the bill as far as movie cool.

Russel Crowe I think could of fit the bill. Guy is one heck of an actor an for long time a rough neck type guy.

Hugh Jackman has his moments but him being a broadway guy might rule him out.

Gerrad Butler (sp?) the lead in 300 can pull off all sorts of cool.

But I think Samuel L. Jackson has to take it.

15 Reasons Why You Should Never Mess With Samuel L. Jackson

I think that makes a pretty good statement