Who is this generation's Steve McQueen?

I think Samuel Jackson is a good call. I don't think anyone fits exactly and a number of these names are in the ballpark.

I will say this. If you were casting a movie today on the life story of Steve McQueen, I think Kiefer Sutherland would be the best person for the part.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Daniel Craig.

He seems to portray the same vulnerability and toughness Steve McQueen had in his roles.

One heck of an actor. He did catch a lot of crap from the Bond fan base before the first movie when it came out he didn't know how to drive a manual transmission.

I thought of someone, Ewan McGregor, he does those types of things. He and a Buddy rode Motorcycles from Ireland to South Africa (used a ferry or two). I remember watching some of the documentary. Ewan is a pretty cool guy and after all he was Obi-Wan Ken-Obi.

They also travelled from London to New York via central Europe, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Siberian Russia, Canada and USA on BMW R1150GS Adventure motorcycles, for a cumulative distance of 22,345 miles

McGregor appeared in a two-part BBC documentary in April 2012 entitled Ewan McGregor: Cold Chain Mission in which he travels by motorbike, boat, plane and foot to deliver vaccines to children in remote parts of India, Nepal and the Republic of Congo. The trip was part of his work as a UNICEF Ambassador.

Who would have thought it Ewan=Steve

Pretty interesting outside life for sure...movie wise I think he falls way behind though. And definitely does no personify the "tough guy, man's man" image.

George Clooney comes to mind for me.

I pay little attention to actors outside the movies, so it is hard for me to say who is "King of Cool" outside their acting. Another name to consider as I think more on this is Daniel Craig (the new Bond).

My bad buddy, I was scrolling through the responses and I skipped past this one as soon as I saw George Clooney lol I didn't read any further.

Personally, I would hardly describe Denzel Washington as "cool". Good actor? Yes. Cool? Not so much.

I met and spent some time with Denzel Washington when both our sons were playing the AAU circuit. He is cool, and a great guy. I would agree though, outside of his career he keeps a pretty low profile.