Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Zimmerman is found Not Guilty

Featured Replies

Semantics, in my opinion. Following and pursuing are interchangeable. I see your point, but I still think they are relatively the same thing. GZ followed him with the intent to confront him.

 

Speculation. You don't know this...just as I don't know this. Could have just wanted to observe from a distance or at least see what general direction TM ran to help guide the police.

  • Replies 363
  • Views 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Semantics, in my opinion. Following and pursuing are interchangeable. I see your point, but I still think they are relatively the same thing. GZ followed him with the intent to confront him.

 

I would have to politely disagree, I think it's much more than semantics, I think the two words, while the act being somewhat similar in nature, have much different meanings, and in a court of law I would think they would be considered drastically different. I guess you can't pursue someone without following them, but on the flip side just because you are following someone does not mean you are pursuing them. But I see that many times they are used interchangeably...I guess my argument would be they shouldn't be.

Joe Deeks ‏@JoeDeeks 14 Jul

Kim Kardashian tweeted 'no justice' in reference to the George Zimmerman case. Her Dad was OJ Simpson's lawyer.

 

Wasn't it at one time assumed that Robert Kardashian took & presumably disposed of the bloody clothes that OJ wore on the night of the murders?

Pretty straight forward:

 

Lots of calls

Uses police jargon

Asked a minister to write a LOR for a police position

 

When you look at the full picture it's certainly not unreasonable to think he has a huge desire to play police officer.

 

And it is arguable that anyone who watches Law and Order SVU can pick up any of that jargon. Again, speculation. Not one of us can say for certain.

Semantics, in my opinion. Following and pursuing are interchangeable. I see your point, but I still think they are relatively the same thing. GZ followed him with the intent to confront him.

 

I would say there is an understanding when pursuing that you in some way shape or form will "overtake" something which does not apply to following.

 

If pursuing the person who stole something from me, I am not simply following them, I have every intention of getting my stuff back.

 

If I am pursuing a career in the engineering field, I am working to become employed in the field, following really doesn't apply.

 

I think often times in this case, the prosecution tried to use overly inflammatory language to try to put as much of the blame on Zimmerman for Martin attacking him as they possibly could and someone pursuing versus merely sounds much better in justifying Martin response.

In all of those 46 911 calls how many times did he pull his gun? Isn't it just as likely that he really wanted him not to get away before the police got there rather than he wanted to get his nose broken and head bashed in the ground so he could shoot a 17 yer old he didn't know?

The more I look into this mess ... the more I am amazed by all of the double standards.

So ... according to TM's girlfriend/friend ... TM says this: "He kept complaining that a man was watching him," she said he described his pursuer as a "creepy cracker"

(Source: New York Daily News 07/15/2013)

 

1. Who is the racist again? Why is this a race issue? Sounds to me that TM was just as much of a racist as GM is ....

2. The same case can be made in terms of "profiling" ... the above quote makes it pretty obvious that there is some profiling or assumptions made on the part of TM as well. On the island of quickslick ... profiling comes down to assumptions based on some factor ... without having knowledge or proof of involvement ... so .. bullseye for me).

3. If you are truly worried/scared/unsure why this "crazy cracker" is following you ... why are you talking to a female on the phone? I understand where TM wouldn't want to call the cops ... fair enough there ... but why not call his Dad or someone who may be able to physically assist him.

4. Racism is a horrible thing .. and it is against the fundamental, core values that I was raised with. However ... when will African Americans stand up to their own ... and decide that the use of the "N" word is not acceptable in any manner? You will struggle to change things when you continue to accept .. and in many cases encourage the use of that word. You lose credibility immediately when you allow people of your race to use that word in a casual, everyday manner .. then you are ready to throw the book at any other race who uses the same word. You can't have it both ways. When you make it unacceptable to your race ... then you have a credible argument.

 

I am not a GZ supporter at all. I am someone who tries to use the facts (where available) to make up my mind about things. I feel like the reason for the not guilty verdict rests in my above points ... and would be interested in hearing the opinions/thoughts from you guys on the above points.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 8

I would have to politely disagree, I think it's much more than semantics, I think the two words, while the act being somewhat similar in nature, have much different meanings, and in a court of law I would think they would be considered drastically different. I guess you can't pursue someone without following them, but on the flip side just because you are following someone does not mean you are pursuing them. But I see that many times they are used interchangeably...I guess my argument would be they shouldn't be.

 

I understand where you are coming from, and I can see how you would consider them different. I was just stating that I don't think I would necessarily think two different things if some one were to use the "wrong" word for either.

CNN is interviewing one of the ladies from the Jury.

  • Author

Initial vote in the jury room:

3 not guilty

2 man slaughter

1 2nd degree murder

 

per Juror

  • Author

Then they began looking at evidence and listening to the tapes.

 

Looked at everything, then looked at the law.

  • Author

After going through the law it was split 3 - 3 not guilty / manslaughter

  • Author

Anderson Cooper "Did you feel that you understood the instruction"

Juror "That was very confusing for the jury."

  • Author

Jury decided that self defense based on the law

  • Author

Juror said that she had no doubt that Zimmerman feared for his life.

 

Said they were both responsible for what happened but that Zimmerman was justified

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.