Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ranking Class 4A

Featured Replies

What will the top in 4A look like in the pre-season? What teams will surprise us? What normal top 10 teams will not be as good as expected? I'll start with what I expect. What do you think?

 

1. Highlands

2. Collins

3. Covington Catholic

4. Lexington Catholic

5. Boyle County

6. Russell County

7. Johnson Central

8. Knox Central

9. Lone Oak

10. Ashland

 

Others:

Owensboro

Warren East

Spencer County

Western

Madisonville

North Oldham

Holmes

Mercer County

  • Replies 36
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lone Oak doesn't exist anymore...the West of 4A will come down to someone trying to beat Collins as that they return everyone off last year's runner up team...I would say that Owensboro will be as good as they have been in quite some time. Russell Co. will be WAY down.

 

I would go:

1. Highlands

2. Lex. Cath

3. Boyle

4. Collins

5. Owensboro

6. Cov. Cath

7. Johnson Central

8. Knox Central

9. Ashland

10. Mad. North Hop.

  • Author
Lone Oak doesn't exist anymore…

Crap, I forgot about that. Just another reason I hate school consolidation.

I like the Top 5

 

Move Russell County out and JC/KC up... kick out Lone Oak and move Ashland up.. bring in Owensboro and Warren East

  • Author
I like the Top 5

 

Move Russell County out and JC/KC up... kick out Lone Oak and move Ashland up.. bring in Owensboro and Warren East

I think Ashland is a bubble team, I think they can't be above 10, maybe not even top 10, they have to develop a line and their season rests on their sophomore running back.

I'd have Boyle in the 7-10 range to start things off. Too many unknowns and lost a ton of seniors. The Warren Central game will tell me where Boyle is at.

Highlands is #1

 

 

I'd have Collins, CovCath and LexCath in my top 4 also.

 

 

After that I think is next tier and they are all likely pretty even. I can see Boyle as a top 5 team by the end of the year but I hesitate to start them off there.

CovCath should be very strong this year. I would have them and Collins in a tie for the 2 spot with LexCath not that far behind..

CovCath should be very strong this year. I would have them and Collins in a tie for the 2 spot with LexCath not that far behind..

 

I was thinking this but was waiting for some NKY confirmation.

Lone Oak doesn't exist anymore...the West of 4A will come down to someone trying to beat Collins as that they return everyone off last year's runner up team...I would say that Owensboro will be as good as they have been in quite some time. Russell Co. will be WAY down.

 

I would go:

1. Highlands

2. Lex. Cath

3. Boyle

4. Collins

5. Owensboro

6. Cov. Cath

7. Johnson Central

8. Knox Central

9. Ashland

10. Mad. North Hop.

Who did Lone Oak consolidate with?

Who did Lone Oak consolidate with?

 

Heath, Reidland, and Lone Oak are now McCracken County.

CovCath should be very strong this year. I would have them and Collins in a tie for the 2 spot with LexCath not that far behind..

 

I was thinking this but was waiting for some NKY confirmation.

 

Actually, I would like to hear why raiderbird thinks Cov Cath will be very strong, and what that means exactly. As I look at CCH, they don't look as strong as last year's team to me.

Actually, I would like to hear why raiderbird thinks Cov Cath will be very strong, and what that means exactly. As I look at CCH, they don't look as strong as last year's team to me.

 

Guessing since this Semior class were made out to be the greatest team ever at CCH by some folk in PH. They have some super talent, but naybe they just haven't meshed like some thought they would. I would put them up there though. Top 5 for sure

Actually, I would like to hear why raiderbird thinks Cov Cath will be very strong, and what that means exactly. As I look at CCH, they don't look as strong as last year's team to me.

 

They will have a fully senior O-line and a hammer of a running back in Luke Bir on offense. We lost our whole d-line from last year, but Sam Burchell and company should be better than solid.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.