Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Brown: Bengals wary of Hernandez’s character, Gronk’s back

Featured Replies

Obviously, no one could have imagined that Hernandez would become a murder suspect, but Bengals owner Mike Brown told Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com that Hernandez’s character was the reason the Bengals didn’t want him.

 

“That one is no secret. We just stayed away from it,” Brown said about Hernandez. “We didn’t question the playing ability. But we went for Gresham.”

 

Brown also said the Bengals removed Gronkowski from their draft board “because he had a bad back.” Gronkowski is currently recovering from back surgery.

 

Mike Brown: Bengals wary of Hernandez?s character, Gronk?s back | ProFootballTalk

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I am not ready to give Brown a cookie yet for drafting Gresham in the first round but I agree 1000% on the other two decisions.

Mike Brown has been Father Flanigan time and time again and he was concerned about Hernandez. That tells me all I need to know about his character.

It's easy to sit back now and pat yourself on the back. I'm sure they were kicking themselves the past few years when they were scoring TD after TD

It's easy to sit back now and pat yourself on the back. I'm sure they were kicking themselves the past few years when they were scoring TD after TD

 

Exactly. That's why he waited until now to admit it. Had he said it 2 years ago then people would have hated him even more for passing on those two players.

If Mike Brown says you have bad character that really means only one thing. Must have killed somebody. Everything else is ok in his book, as long as it doesn't hurt his bottom line

It's easy to sit back now and pat yourself on the back. I'm sure they were kicking themselves the past few years when they were scoring TD after TD

He was asked about it and gave an honest answer. Its not like he came out to tell everyone. I am the most vocal critic of Mike Brown ever, but can't blame him for answering a question he was asked honestly.

He was asked about it and gave an honest answer. Its not like he came out to tell everyone. I am the most vocal critic of Mike Brown ever, but can't blame him for answering a question he was asked honestly.

 

How can we prove that it was an honest answer? Nothing screams honesty more than stating a truth after the fact.

  • Author
He was asked about it and gave an honest answer. Its not like he came out to tell everyone. I am the most vocal critic of Mike Brown ever, but can't blame him for answering a question he was asked honestly.

 

This is my take on the comments other than I am not anywhere near the Brown critic like Bench.

Of course. And I knew all along that the US Hockey team would beat the Russians in the 1980 Olympics.

It's easy to sit back now and pat yourself on the back. I'm sure they were kicking themselves the past few years when they were scoring TD after TD

 

Even before this Hernandez incident I believe the Bengals made the right move not going after Hernandez. With the style the Bengals play he would have not done well, because they use Gresham to block a lot to, while the Pats use him split out more. It just wouldn't have fit what they did. Now with Gronk I can't say that they made the right move, even with his injury problems right now.

 

Who was the poster on here who really wanted Hernandez? I know there was someone leading up to that draft who was a huge Hernandez fan. I don't think he is on this site anymore though?

For a guy who signed free agent Pacman Jones, the guy who likes to push around female Bengals'employees, it sure is a good thing Mike Brown had the foresight to not draft Hernandez. Last thing Cincy needs is Pacman and Hernandez doing drive bys in downtown Cincy during the offseason.

For a guy who signed free agent Pacman Jones' date=' the guy who likes to push around female Bengals'employees, it sure is a good thing Mike Brown had the foresight to not draft Hernandez. Last thing Cincy needs is Pacman and Hernandez doing drive bys in downtown Cincy during the offseason.[/quote']

 

I agree. Anyone who fully believes that Brown isn't using the incidents as PR is in denial. He has made a ton of questionable character signings since Hernandez came in the league but its okay because he passed on Gronk and AH? Hahah

Here's what frustrates me, and this is fueled by Patriot's backlash. Somebody was going to draft this kid. The Pats drafted 1st round talent in the 4th round. It's not like they banked the franchise on him. If Belicheck didn't, there were 27 other teams more than willing to take a flyer on him later on, I guarantee it. I hate the Pats. I can't stand how much was made of the "The Patriot Way," and the fact that it allowed Teddy Bruschi to get a TV job. I can't, however, say that the Pats made a mistake that other teams wouldn't have made. It is easy to sit back in hindsight and say, "SEEEE!!!! I knew it!" Criminals get signed all of the time by NFL teams.

This just in...Mike Brown says the Bengals turned down using Paula Deen in promotional spots and club catering events three years ago because he knew then she was a racist.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.