Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Brown: Bengals wary of Hernandez’s character, Gronk’s back

Featured Replies

More arrests and issues than the Bengals? You'll need to provide some proof for me to believe that.

 

You answered the Marvin Harrison murdering a guy comment by saying 1 guy. I've now shown 3. I'm not saying more than the Bengals. I'm saying everyone drafts guys that eventually get into trouble. Some more than others obviously.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You answered the Marvin Harrison murdering a guy comment by saying 1 guy. I've now shown 3. I'm not saying more than the Bengals. I'm saying everyone drafts guys that eventually get into trouble. Some more than others obviously.

 

And I'm saying Mike Brown has drafted enough guys and signed enough free agents that have character issues that I don't believe him when he says he was wary of Hernandez's character. Despite Marvin Harrison's issue and Pat Macafee's drunken night I'll always believe Polian over Brown.

And I'm saying Mike Brown has drafted enough guys and signed enough free agents that have character issues that I don't believe him when he says he was wary of Hernandez's character. Despite Marvin Harrison's issue and Pat Macafee's drunken night I'll always believe Polian over Brown.

 

If you don't see the difference between signing a guy as a free agent and drafting them in the early stages of the draft, this is pointless.

If you don't see the difference between signing a guy as a free agent and drafting them in the early stages of the draft, this is pointless.

 

Okay. Nobody is making you respond. I can do this all day and all night.

And I'm saying Mike Brown has drafted enough guys and signed enough free agents that have character issues that I don't believe him when he says he was wary of Hernandez's character. Despite Marvin Harrison's issue and Pat Macafee's drunken night I'll always believe Polian over Brown.

 

So you think he's lying? I wouldn't go that far. I totally believe character issues have lead him to pass on guys. Admittedly if he is passing on someone for character issues the issues are probably a big deal.

So you think he's lying? I wouldn't go that far. I totally believe character issues have lead him to pass on guys. Admittedly if he is passing on someone for character issues the issues are probably a big deal.

 

 

I don't believe him.

 

So you think he's lying? I wouldn't go that far. I totally believe character issues have lead him to pass on guys. Admittedly if he is passing on someone for character issues the issues are probably a big deal.

 

If he's not lying he's a hypocrite. He says he passed on Hernandez because of character yet he has drafted and signed guy who also have plenty if character issues. That's way a lot of people son believe him.

 

No but guys he drafted are.

 

Did he draft the guy that was just arrested?

Did he draft the guy that was just arrested?

 

He was there before Polian left so I'd guess yes. Admittedly I don't follow the Colts that close.

If he's not lying he's a hypocrite. He says he passed on Hernandez because of character yet he has drafted and signed guy who also have plenty if character issues. That's way a lot of people son believe him.

 

I hate Brown but I have zero reason to believe he lied here.

If he's not lying he's a hypocrite. He says he passed on Hernandez because of character yet he has drafted and signed guy who also have plenty if character issues. That's way a lot of people son believe him.

 

I do think he is telling the truth. The reason is because it is easy to pass on him for character issues when you have a guy like Gresham who was rated better than him coming out, and knowing you could get him for same price. Now when it comes to free agency and guys with character issues, he can't get guys with talent but with character issues at the same price as guys with talent and no character issues. In the draft its easy to find guys of equal value if another one has character issues, its not the same in free agency.

 

So there is no reason not to believe he was telling the truth, because it would have been easy to cross Hernadez off because there were guys of equal value at TE in the draft to take who didn't have the character issues. I will say this if Hernadez was a complete stud and considered a can't miss TE coming out of college I doubt Brown crosses him off, because they wouldn't have gotten someone of equal value without character issues. However that was not the case here, so he told the truth on what he was asked IMO.

 

I do think he is telling the truth. The reason is because it is easy to pass on him for character issues when you have a guy like Gresham who was rated better than him coming out, and knowing you could get him for same price. Now when it comes to free agency and guys with character issues, he can't get guys with talent but with character issues at the same price as guys with talent and no character issues. In the draft its easy to find guys of equal value if another one has character issues, its not the same in free agency.

 

So there is no reason not to believe he was telling the truth, because it would have been easy to cross Hernadez off because there were guys of equal value at TE in the draft to take who didn't have the character issues. I will say this if Hernadez was a complete stud and considered a can't miss TE coming out of college I doubt Brown crosses him off, because they wouldn't have gotten someone of equal value without character issues. However that was not the case here, so he told the truth on what he was asked IMO.

 

So he gets a hypocrisy pass because its okay to sign guys with character issues because he cannot get better players, but yet not draft guys with character issues?

 

That doesn't make sense. There are plants of guys in the nfl without issues.

 

What your saying is talent overcomes character issues, which I don't disagree with, but if that's the case then he shouldn't claim to be some morally high guy who looks at the character of players and then passes because its not true.

So he gets a hypocrisy pass because its okay to sign guys with character issues because he cannot get better players, but yet not draft guys with character issues?

 

That doesn't make sense. There are plants of guys in the nfl without issues.

 

What your saying is talent overcomes character issues, which I don't disagree with, but if that's the case then he shouldn't claim to be some morally high guy who looks at the character of players and then passes because its not true.

 

Isn't it possible he's willing to take on most guys with charachter issues but not all of them?

 

Isn't it possible he's willing to take on most guys with charachter issues but not all of them?

 

That's hypocritical of him IMO. If he's picking and choosing then what's his criteria for deciding?

That's hypocritical of him IMO. If he's picking and choosing then what's his criteria for deciding?

 

Who cares? He runs a private business and he gets to decide. What if his criteria is non gang members that pose with pistols as a 19 year old that may have been a suspect in a shooting in Florida that the University somehow got the cops to ignore?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.