Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Brown: Bengals wary of Hernandez’s character, Gronk’s back

Featured Replies

It's amazing that Mikey Boy had concerns about Gronk's back but not Antonio Bryant's knee...or Andre Smith's foot...or KiJana Carter's knee...or (should I go on?)

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike had the foresight to not draft Hernandez but he did draft his 2007 Gainesville shooting accessory Reggie Nelson. Guess since Nelson didn't pull the trigger he is absolved from wrongdoing.

So I guess Bill Polian is just saying it for PR too?

 

Polian: Colts Steered Clear of Hernandez

 

He'll be more believable than Mike Brown because of his track record. How many Colts players have had run ins with the law or been arrested 136 times(Pacman Jones)? I'm going to guess Mike Brown has had more character issue guys on this roster than Polian has drafted his whole life. For Mike Brown to act like he steered clear of Hernandez because of character issues is asinine. That's like OJ Simpson speaking out against domestic violence and murder.

  • Author

I disagree some PP. I think it is simple, Brown was asked the question and gave an honest answer. Just because the Bengals take some chances on players with character issues doesn't mean they don't have their own lines in the sand.

 

This was contained in the article from PFT:

 

Still, the Wall Street Journal‘s report says that a scouting service that prepares psychological profiles of players for NFL teams warned its clients that Hernandez was “living on the edge of acceptable behavior” and cautioned that he could become “a problem” for his team.

 

That scouting service provides reports for 18 teams. It is not clear whether either the Patriots or the Colts are among those 18. But Polian wants to make it clear that he never would have drafted Hernandez.

I disagree some PP. I think it is simple, Brown was asked the question and gave an honest answer. Just because the Bengals take some chances on players with character issues doesn't mean they don't have their own lines in the sand.

 

This was contained in the article from PFT:

 

Still, the Wall Street Journal‘s report says that a scouting service that prepares psychological profiles of players for NFL teams warned its clients that Hernandez was “living on the edge of acceptable behavior” and cautioned that he could become “a problem” for his team.

 

That scouting service provides reports for 18 teams. It is not clear whether either the Patriots or the Colts are among those 18. But Polian wants to make it clear that he never would have drafted Hernandez.

 

I don't see how they can have a line in the sand when Pacman Jones is an active player.

I don't see how they can have a line in the sand when Pacman Jones is an active player.

 

Completely different scenarios.

  • Author
I don't see how they can have a line in the sand when Pacman Jones is an active player.

 

What I mean is some things the Bengals are okay with and others they are not okay with. In other words, maybe the Bengals are "okay" with a guy that likes to drink too much and cause some problems around town but they are not okay with a college player that was a suspect in a shooting and that a psychological profile said was “living on the edge of acceptable behavior." That is why I said lines in the sand. The Bengals probably have many lines in the sand and they look at several factors.

I realize many people will say it is all the same thing and/or semantics and I understand that train of thought but I personally believe I see the difference and understand the Bengals line of thinking.

What I mean is some things the Bengals are okay with and others they are not okay with. In other words, maybe the Bengals are "okay" with a guy that likes to drink too much and cause some problems around town but they are not okay with a college player that was a suspect in a shooting and that a psychological profile said was “living on the edge of acceptable behavior." That is why I said lines in the sand. The Bengals probably have many lines in the sand and they look at several factors.

I realize many people will say it is all the same thing and/or semantics and I understand that train of thought but I personally believe I see the difference and understand the Bengals line of thinking.

 

Not to mention that glaring major differences in the two situations.

  • Author
Not to mention that glaring major differences in the two situations.

 

I think I did mention that. :thumb:

What I mean is some things the Bengals are okay with and others they are not okay with. In other words, maybe the Bengals are "okay" with a guy that likes to drink too much and cause some problems around town but they are not okay with a college player that was a suspect in a shooting and that a psychological profile said was “living on the edge of acceptable behavior." That is why I said lines in the sand. The Bengals probably have many lines in the sand and they look at several factors.

I realize many people will say it is all the same thing and/or semantics and I understand that train of thought but I personally believe I see the difference and understand the Bengals line of thinking.

 

Not convinced. Mike Brown is not a genie.

He'll be more believable than Mike Brown because of his track record. How many Colts players have had run ins with the law or been arrested 136 times(Pacman Jones)? I'm going to guess Mike Brown has had more character issue guys on this roster than Polian has drafted his whole life. For Mike Brown to act like he steered clear of Hernandez because of character issues is asinine. That's like OJ Simpson speaking out against domestic violence and murder.

 

Well Marvin Harrsion did murder a guy.

Well Marvin Harrsion did murder a guy.

 

That's just one person. What other character guys did Polian take on?

That's just one person. What other character guys did Polian take on?

 

How many potential murderers/gang members has Mike Brown ever taken on?

 

Not only are the offenses completely different, Brown didn't draft guys like Pacman. That was a no-lose situation that doesn't even begin to compare to Hernandez.

How many potential murderers/gang members has Mike Brown ever taken on?

 

Not only are the offenses completely different, Brown didn't draft guys like Pacman. That was a no-lose situation that doesn't even begin to compare to Hernandez.

 

 

 

The Reggie Nelson story just popped up today. Careful......

 

 

If you say so.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.