Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sarah Jones is engaged...

Featured Replies

Per an article in the Enquirer today, her and Cody York are engaged. If you'll recall, Cody was the young man who was having an affair with Ms. Jones while he was a student at Dixie Heights H.S. York is 19 and a student at NKU; Jones is 28 and works as a paralegal for Eric Deters' law firm.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they are able to make it work. I ain't mad at either one of them. Good luck to them!

I saw this on Facebook and literally laughed out loud.

As I told both of them yesterday, congratulations to them. I know people disagree with their relationship because of the job she held when it started but beyond that what is the problem with it? Because she is 9-10 years his elder? It happens all around the country and world.

 

They are a couple that is happy together and I personally believe that it will last. Could I be wrong? Yes but after seeing them together and talking to Cody, I trust they will make it work.

I agree with nku above. People deserve second chances in life.

 

Here is a pic from facebook:

 

943297_593904263975892_1575034491_n.jpg

My finacee is ten years younger than me. And I'm happier than I've ever been in my life. Why on Earth anyone would look down on them is beyond me. Everyone deserves a chance to be happy in life. They're happy, leave them alone.

My finacee is ten years younger than me. And I'm happier than I've ever been in my life. Why on Earth anyone would look down on them is beyond me. Everyone deserves a chance to be happy in life. They're happy, leave them alone.

 

Adding to that, my girlfriend is almost nine years younger than me. Granted I am a little older but love is love and like Bench I agree everyone deserves to be happy in life.

I hope they are able to make it work. I ain't mad at either one of them. Good luck to them!
I agree with you, and most other comments on here so far.

 

It's a shame that places like channel 9 even sees this as news! I am sure there are other things out there that more people would find as being news worthy, just goes to show they all are in it trying for the shock factor.

 

Cody is no longer her student and out of HS, she is no longer teaching, why is this news? Hope it works out, but if for some reason it doesn't people will point fingers, just to trash them, conveniently leaving out that just in marriages over 50% end in divorce.

 

Good luck to them! And as Guru stated, "Love is Love".

Now that he is of legal age, I would guess most people are OK with the relationship/marriage, I think they just wished the two would have held off on the relationship getting physical untill he turned 18 or graduated.

Now that he is of legal age, I would guess most people are OK with the relationship/marriage, I think they just wished the two would have held off on the relationship getting physical untill he turned 18 or graduated.

 

By law it would have to be both.

 

I think some people harbor a lot of ill will for various reasons only known to them.

By law it would have to be both.

 

I couldn't remember what the law said.

 

I think some people harbor a lot of ill will for various reasons only known to them.

 

I think the sordid nature in how the relationship began (an adult in a supervisory position having sex with a child, a child legally at least) has left a bad taste in many people's mouthes and they just can't let it go. I have no doubt many are assuming this marriage was came about to some degree to prove their doubters wrong not 100% out of love. It is really not my or anyone else's to judge.

On the law, the age of consent in KY is 16 but it changed a few years back to make it 18 and graduated for certain trusted authority figures. I think we had the law on here recently. If I remember, it was slightly hard to follow but I think we basically have it.

On the law, the age of consent in KY is 16 but it changed a few years back to make it 18 and graduated for certain trusted authority figures. I think we had the law on here recently. If I remember, it was slightly hard to follow but I think we basically have it.

 

 

So if a student has graduated but has not turned 18 yet, they are still legally off limits to anyone who taught them? I was under the assumption once they graduate the supervisory position stipulation goes away. It would appear I assumed wrong.

So if a student has graduated but has not turned 18 yet, they are still legally off limits to anyone who taught them? I was under the assumption once they graduate the supervisory position stipulation goes away. It would appear I assumed wrong.

 

I assume there is some case law on that very issue because I think you could interpret the actual law either way:

 

Rape in the Third Degree

 

Finally, a person in Kentucky commits third degree rape by engaging in sexual intercourse when the other person is:

 

  • under the age of 16 and the defendant is 21 years old or older
  • under the age of 18 and the defendant is 21 years old or older and is the victim’s foster parent, or
  • under the age of 18 and the defendant is in a position of authority or trust over the child.

(Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 510.060.)

 

For example, an adult coach who has sex with a 17-year-old student athlete could be convicted of third degree rape.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.