Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sarah Jones is engaged...

Featured Replies

I assume there is some case law on that very issue because I think you could interpret the actual law either way:

 

Rape in the Third Degree

 

Finally, a person in Kentucky commits third degree rape by engaging in sexual intercourse when the other person is:

 

  • under the age of 16 and the defendant is 21 years old or older
  • under the age of 18 and the defendant is 21 years old or older and is the victim’s foster parent, or
  • under the age of 18 and the defendant is in a position of authority or trust over the child.

(Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 510.060.)

 

For example, an adult coach who has sex with a 17-year-old student athlete could be convicted of third degree rape.

 

I guess the question now is, when does "a position of authority or trust over the child" end? If at graduation then I am guessing the stipulation goes away.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess the question now is, when does "a position of authority or trust over the child" end? If at graduation then I am guessing the stipulation goes away.

 

 

I've been married for close to 35 years.

 

The wife's position of authority has not changed.

I guess the question now is, when does "a position of authority or trust over the child" end? If at graduation then I am guessing the stipulation goes away.

 

I still maintain you could interpret it either way. I think most parents would consider any teacher of their recent 17 year old graduate a person in a position of authority or trust. I would.

I wonder since she is a teacher, if she will home-school her own kid if they have a baby. Then if she does, will the kid have an affair with his teacher? :rolleyes:

I wonder since she is a teacher, if she will home-school her own kid if they have a baby. Then if she does, will the kid have an affair with his teacher? :rolleyes:

I can't tell if this is an embarrassingly bad joke or just a horrible disgusting comment.

 

Either way, ridiculous.

I can't tell if this is an embarrassingly bad joke or just a horrible disgusting comment.

 

Either way, ridiculous.

Awwww....did I offend you? So sorry that I offended someone who apparently thinks it's ok for a teacher to have sex with a student. Yes it was a joke, and a darn good one too, as well as one much deserved for a poor excuse of an educator.

My finacee is ten years younger than me. And I'm happier than I've ever been in my life. Why on Earth anyone would look down on them is beyond me. Everyone deserves a chance to be happy in life. They're happy, leave them alone.
I don't think the age difference is the issue nor has ever been. I don't think anyone cares if they are getting married now or not.

 

The problem I have with her is what she did while being in a authority position, being a teacher and having sex with one of her students. That I could never condone. I could care less about the age difference, my wife is 7 years my junior, doesn't matter to me or others, but I wasn't my wife's teacher having sex with her while she was a student of my class.

I don't think the age difference is the issue nor has ever been. I don't think anyone cares if they are getting married now or not.

 

The problem I have with her is what she did while being in a authority position, being a teacher and having sex with one of her students. That I could never condone. I could care less about the age difference, my wife is 7 years my junior, doesn't matter to me or others, but I wasn't my wife's teacher having sex with her while she was a student of my class.

 

1) Obviously people care they are getting married because it's been in the news and people are talking about it.

2) You do know that they didn't not meet because she was his teacher right?

3) Your joke was a very poor one.

I don't think the age difference is the issue nor has ever been. I don't think anyone cares if they are getting married now or not.

 

The problem I have with her is what she did while being in a authority position, being a teacher and having sex with one of her students. That I could never condone. I could care less about the age difference, my wife is 7 years my junior, doesn't matter to me or others, but I wasn't my wife's teacher having sex with her while she was a student of my class.

 

Obviously you do, your posting in the thread aren't you?

1) Obviously people care they are getting married because it's been in the news and people are talking about it.

2) You do know that they didn't not meet because she was his teacher right?

3) Your joke was a poor one.

People need to get a sense of humor.

 

Also wasn't she a teacher at Dixie when she started the affair with a student there? If not then I heard a different story.

 

Actually I think the joke is a classic one...

 

3 boys sitting around a campfire when one said "I have to make a confession, I had sex with my math teacher" Another boy said, "I have to make a confession too, I have also had sex with my teacher" The third boy looked at him and said "Aren't you home schooled?"

 

Classic!!! LOL, I love that joke.

Edited by rockmom

Obviously you do, your posting in the thread aren't you?

Actually no, i don't care if they are getting married or not. If i did then I would of either said I don't agree with it or I do agree with it. for me I don't care and don't understand why others would care if 2 adults get married.

 

I was referring to the teacher and student having sex.

People need to get a sense of humor.

 

Also wasn't she a teacher at Dixie when she started the affair with a student there? If not then I heard a different story.

 

She was a teacher at Dixie when the affair started. However, Cody and her had previously known each other. They grew up together, albeit her some years her senior. She did not use her position of authority to take advantage of him. It was actually Cody that pushed for the romantic relationship as he had developed feelings for her before he ever stepped foot in her classroom.

Actually no, i don't care if they are getting married or not. If i did then I would of either said I don't agree with it or I do agree with it. for me I don't care and don't understand why others would care if 2 adults get married.

 

I was referring to the teacher and student having sex.

 

Then perhaps you should post in the other Sara Jones thread, the one about the teacher and student having sex, this one is about her getting engaged.

Then perhaps you should post in the other Sara Jones thread, the one about the teacher and student having sex, this one is about her getting engaged.

 

Wow, people really need to lighten up. Then let me ask you this. If it wasn't in reference to a teacher/student sexual relaitonship then why is this thread even made? It's because of who the two people involved are. If not then why don't you make a thread about every single couple that gets engaged? You know as well as I do that this is a topic because of who they are....a student and teacher who had sexual realtions. If it wasn't then there would be no reason for this thread in the first place right?

She was a teacher at Dixie when the affair started. However, Cody and her had previously known each other. They grew up together, albeit her some years her senior. She did not use her position of authority to take advantage of him. It was actually Cody that pushed for the romantic relationship as he had developed feelings for her before he ever stepped foot in her classroom.

And that makes it better? She was still a teacher at his school, she was still a teacher and a person of authority towards him and at fault and for you to defend her actions is pretty sick.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.