Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sarah Jones is engaged...

Featured Replies

Hasn't Sarah Jones paid her debt to society?
Nothing happened to her. I guess it would come down to whether you believe that a teacher should be allowed to have sex with a student who is a minor.

 

My question is, what debt has she paid?

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing happened to her. I guess it would come down to whether you believe that a teacher should be allowed to have sex with a student who is a minor.

 

My question is, what debt has she paid?

 

Near constant ridicule in the media just beating the same old dog over and over.

I guess some people feel because the boy and particularily his family would not cooperate with the prosecutor making prosecuting her so difficult, she was gaven a much too lenient punishment and therefore they will not stop bashing her. My view on that is, lucky her, nothing can be done now.

 

I believe in the law but it isn't one size fits all meaning it is the young man and his family's right not to cooperate.

Nothing happened to her. I guess it would come down to whether you believe that a teacher should be allowed to have sex with a student who is a minor.

 

My question is, what debt has she paid?

 

Age of consent in KY is 16, so he wasn't a minor in that regard....

We have covered this several times, although the age of consent in KY is 16 there are added consent restrictions for adults in positions of authority or trust.

 

I get that. He said "I guess it comes down to whether you believe that a teacher should be allowed to have sex with a student who is a minor." I understand the law, I just don't agree with it. Someone at the age of 17, whether student or not, isn't a minor IMO.

I get that. He said "I guess it comes down to whether you believe that a teacher should be allowed to have sex with a student who is a minor." I understand the law, I just don't agree with it. Someone at the age of 17, whether student or not, isn't a minor IMO.

 

And apparently the young man and his family agree with you.

Nothing happened to her. I guess it would come down to whether you believe that a teacher should be allowed to have sex with a student who is a minor.

 

My question is, what debt has she paid?

 

Well there was the jail time she did serve. The extended period of house arrest. The loss of her career (which I agree with). As G said, the constant media coverage and ridicule that she was subject to (and that is apparently still continuing ex post facto). She has paid a debt to society.

And apparently the young man and his family agree with you.

 

It is one thing for the young man to argue that it was okay but when the family agrees, it should probably be sufficient to realize it wasn't an authority figure taking advantage of their position.

Someone at the age of 17, whether student or not, isn't a minor IMO.

 

True but I think many will agree, even if the student is not a minor, a teacher should not have a relationship with a high school student regardless of age due to that fact that the authoritarian relationship may result in the student agreeing to sexual relations with the teacher that the student otherwise would not have agreed to if that makes any sense.

It is one thing for the young man to argue that it was okay but when the family agrees, it should probably be sufficient to realize it wasn't an authority figure taking advantage of their position.

So because the family of the son says they are alright with what happened means it's not wrong?

 

Sorry, I don't buy that at all.

 

You do know there have been families of murder victims who have forgiven the murderer, that doesn't make murder right.

So just because the family of the boy was alright with a teacher having sex with their son doesn't make the act ok.

So because the family of the son says they are alright with what happened means it's not wrong?

 

Sorry, I don't buy that at all.

 

You do know there have been families of murder victims who have forgiven the murderer, that doesn't make murder right.

So just because the family of the boy was alright with a teacher having sex with their son doesn't make the act ok.

 

Where did I say that what she did was okay? I stated "it wasn't an authority figure taking advantage of their position". Lot different than me saying it was perfectly okay for Sarah Jones to sleep with Cody.

It is one thing for the young man to argue that it was okay but when the family agrees, it should probably be sufficient to realize it wasn't an authority figure taking advantage of their position.

 

By definition, a minor cannot consent. In this situation, it doesn't matter what the minor thinks, what his parents think, or whether or not the relationship was consensual. It doesn't matter if the teacher threatened to fail the kid if he denied her, offered to give him all A's, or failed to exert ANY authority over him at all. It is a crime any way you slice it...

 

For what it's worth, I agree that a 17 year old is able to consent to sex, but that's not the issue here. The issue of Sarah Jones is very narrow and very clear.

Where did I say that what she did was okay? I stated "it wasn't an authority figure taking advantage of their position". Lot different than me saying it was perfectly okay for Sarah Jones to sleep with Cody.

 

Actually Sarah being his teacher, any way you want to look at it, the fact remains that she was in a position of authority. I'm not saying that had any affect in him wanting to have the relationship in the first place, but what is still a fact is because of her position it was Sarah who should have known better.

 

I'm guessing that in the majority of cases like this you won't find the kid protesting about the relationship in the first place, but in every situation like this it is the teacher who SHOULD not allow it to happen and the fault lies on her for allowing it to happen in the first place.

 

So either way, wether the parents said it was ok or not really doesn't matter, what matters is a person in a position of authority, in this case a teacher, was doing wrong period. It doesn't make a bit of difference whether or not she forced him into bed or not, that has nothing to do with it at all. The bottomline is what she did was wrong period. No reason to try and spin any of it to favor her or him. It was wrong.

Sarah Jones is the one who brought the media attention upon herself she filed a law suit about her character being defamed and then she cheated on her husband with a high school student. In my opinion while she was worried about her character she shouldn't have been molesting a student.

 

I do not feel sorry for Sarah Jones being in the media she and her mother went to the media and called a high school girl a liar for reporting the actions Sarah to me that makes you an awful human being.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.