Alumni Football Game - Good or Bad Idea?

Belfry and Sheldon Clark alumni will face off in a full pads, full contact football game on June 7 at Sheldon Clark H. S.

I have to question whether this is a good idea or not. What do you think, BGP? Great event or life threatening injury waiting to happen?

Promoters of the game are billing it as "One last chance for these guys to strap on the pads and play their hearts out! Players from all different generations on the same team, young and old both will be throwing down in an epic battle tomorrow night"

I've seen the rosters and a lot of the players are 10 years out of high school and some are much older. At least one guy I noticed is 45+ years old.

To the question at hand: I would love to play one of these games, but I feel that I am too smart to try. There is no way I could jeopardize work, income, and supporting my family to play in one of these games.

One of those things that sound great, but lacks on the execution.

To the question at hand: I would love to play one of these games, but I feel that I am too smart to try. There is no way I could jeopardize work, income, and supporting my family to play in one of these games.

One of those things that sound great, but lacks on the execution.

This is where I am on this. I know we all still hear the band playing in our heads, and we live in the glory (some of us more than others), but I just cannot see this as a good idea. I hope all those who participate have a good time and emerge unhurt, but I would be scared of it myself.

I know the game couldn't be held at Belfry because the Pike Co BOE refused to allow it, I assume for liability concerns.

Football just isn't one of those games that lends itself to this kind of thing IMO. Even when you are 18 and in good shape, you have to be strong physically to withstand the toll that football takes on your body. I can't imagine trying to do that at 30, 35 etc.