Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 12 Cooper 8

Featured Replies

  • Author

edit

  • Replies 119
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked into what umpires are looking for in this type of situation. From what I'm told if the defender is drawn into the basepath there is no responsibility to avoid the defender. It seems like the only issue is malicious contact.

 

This is the opposite of what I've always seen enforced. My understanding has always been that the first baseman has right of way no matter where the runner is. The defender must avoid contact even if the first baseman jumps in his way at the last moment.

 

Again, this is just the way I've always seen it enforced. Accidentally running into the first baseman would be interference on the runner. Malicious contact would warrant ejection.

Bottom line is that was a terrible call on Hawthorn. I guguarantee if I come flying down towards that ump he would put his arms up to protect himself. I really like that particular ump but he had 3 bad calls and I will let him know it when I see him out somewhere.

Big game by 3-4-5 hitters from Ryle. Mason Forbes (2-4 with 5 RBIs)... Tyler Mason (3-4 with 1RBI and excellent defensive performance).. Thomas Baumann( had a big double off the fence)... Controversy in the last inning when there was a ground ball to Lonnemann at short and he mad a high throw to Tyler mason at 1st. Tyler Mason did the only thing he could do which was catch the ball yet it caused him to go towards the base line and the runner accidentally ran into him. It looked pretty bad which caused the runner to be ejected though it was no ones fault! The umpires got it wrong on this one. Tyler mason made a fantastic play hanging in there knowing he was about to get plowed but the runner had no other choice. No way he should've been ejected. I hope Tyler mason is okay he's a heck of a player. like I said it looked rough from my point of view and I hope the runner is ok I believe he hit was the one who hit the grand slam to tie the game up earlier in the game. Great game by both tes

I was sitting up the third base line and didnt have a good veiw.But from my angle I think the ump overreacted on this play.Is it just me or has the umping this year been sub standard?I thought this was a good game for a fan to watch but in my opinion both teams played very sloppy baseball.

Bottom line is that was a terrible call on Hawthorn. I guguarantee if I come flying down towards that ump he would put his arms up to protect himself. I really like that particular ump but he had 3 bad calls and I will let him know it when I see him out somewhere.

 

I think we all agree the ejection was not warranted as it was totally accidental and not malicious. Still trying to figure out the other 2 bad calls. I thought the umpires did a great job and the man behind the plate was VERY consistent on high ball and low strike the entire game. I was not paying enough attention to know on the ball 2 or 3 situation that Coach Roesel argued. Great game as far as the tenacity shown by both teams in spite of a bunch of errors and misplays. Ryle must play better to accomplish their goals for the season. Congrats to Coach Bieger and Cooper on developing a very nice program. It's a tribute to Biegs hard work to see how nice the field is at Cooper compared to a lot of other fields, Conner's especially. Best wishes to the Raiders moving forward and any win is a good one at this point of the season.

Call at first, runner was out by half a step and the swing he called a check swing. Both in the first 2 innings. I was down right across from first then and both calls were blown. Good luck to the Raiders the rest of the way. That game should be a wake up call for them.

 

I think we all agree the ejection was not warranted as it was totally accidental and not malicious. Still trying to figure out the other 2 bad calls. I thought the umpires did a great job and the man behind the plate was VERY consistent on high ball and low strike the entire game. I was not paying enough attention to know on the ball 2 or 3 situation that Coach Roesel argued. Great game as far as the tenacity shown by both teams in spite of a bunch of errors and misplays. Ryle must play better to accomplish their goals for the season. Congrats to Coach Bieger and Cooper on developing a very nice program. It's a tribute to Biegs hard work to see how nice the field is at Cooper compared to a lot of other fields, Conner's especially. Best wishes to the Raiders moving forward and any win is a good one at this point of the season.

I see alot of games at the high school level and I have to say that NKY has some of the worst umpires that I've ever seen. The last thing that should be on an umpires mind at the high school level is throwing a player out of game. Unless the player has done something really wrong, i.e abusive language, started a fight etc. then there's no reason to eject a hs player. The play last night was a complete over re-action by the umpire and IMO he should be sat down and talked to by the powers at be. Obviously there was contact but as many have already pointed out it was more of a self defense thing by the runner than anything else. Frankly the umpire should be ashamed of himself.

According to the KHSAA he was ejected so he will have to sit to start next season.

 

Can ejections be appealed? I was not there, but sounds like the umpire got this one wrong. I hate to see kids penalized to that extent by incompetent umpiring.

According to the KHSAA he was ejected so he will have to sit to start next season.

 

Doesn't this carry over to next sport which would be basketball or is that just for seniors?

I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed watching AJ Collins as one of the most enjoyable high school athletes to observe in my years in the area. Congrats, AJ, on a great high school career and best wishes at TMC in education and football. It is so hard to excel in 3 major sports in these days of year-round activities. He did it well and with class!

As far as the Cooper player being ejected. Wasn't there a similar controversial ejection on the same field between Conner and ????. I believe it was a play at the plate between the catcher and a runner. I know it was two different teams but could it of been the same up?

I was sitting up the third base line and didnt have a good veiw.But from my angle I think the ump overreacted on this play.Is it just me or has the umping this year been sub standard?I thought this was a good game for a fan to watch but in my opinion both teams played very sloppy baseball.

 

 

I think what everyone has forgotten in this collision at first base, was the issue of a very bad throw from the ss and the firstbasemen making an outstanding play to hang on to the ball in the runners path as the collision took place, while the 1B saved what yet could have been another error from the Ryle infield. They are going to have to play whole lot better if they want to continue to advance.

I see alot of games at the high school level and I have to say that NKY has some of the worst umpires that I've ever seen. The last thing that should be on an umpires mind at the high school level is throwing a player out of game. Unless the player has done something really wrong, i.e abusive language, started a fight etc. then there's no reason to eject a hs player. The play last night was a complete over re-action by the umpire and IMO he should be sat down and talked to by the powers at be. Obviously there was contact but as many have already pointed out it was more of a self defense thing by the runner than anything else. Frankly the umpire should be ashamed of himself.

You couldn't be more right. The biggest problem other than the fact the ump threw him out of the game but it was instant. No hesitation as if he had predetermined if there was a collision he was tossing the player. It was horrible and the umps this year in NKY should be embarrassed with how they did this year.

You couldn't be more right. The biggest problem other than the fact the ump threw him out of the game but it was instant. No hesitation as if he had predetermined if there was a collision he was tossing the player. It was horrible and the umps this year in NKY should be embarrassed with how they did this year.

 

 

Kind of a broad brush to use to paint all umps.......you mean to tell me that every ump of every game you saw this year was bad?

[/b]

 

 

Kind of a broad brush to use to paint all umps.......you mean to tell me that every ump of every game you saw this year was bad?

 

I went to quite a few games this year, and they we pretty bad. "Knotthole Style".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.