Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 12 Cooper 8

Featured Replies

  • Replies 119
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah blah. Love the martyr approach. Would they care so much about the kids if there wasnt a pay check at the end? How about they learn the rules and try to get better, wouldnt that improve the game?

 

An overwhelming majority of them do those things. They have to attend 4 out of 6 rules meetings per season, 4 out of 6 training sessions per season, take the Part I and Part II tests, among other things. Because you don't agree with a call doesn't mean they are the worst ever and need a new job.

Well that tells me the board, but who is the evaluator I guess I should have asked.

 

You should be the evaluator.

Well that tells me the board, but who is the evaluator I guess I should have asked.

 

Coaches are the ones who evaluate. They have the opportunity to do evaluations after each game and then again at the end of the season.

You should be the evaluator.

 

Why the sarcasm? I have not made any negative comments to you or about umpires. In fact I stated that almost all calls are correct in the games I have seen and discussed two areas that I think really need to be looked at and clarified with umpires and coaches alike (the HBP and the ejections on contact). I guess you are looking to bait people into something but I am asking who the evaluator is and nothing else. Not sure why you are so negative about that question.

Coaches are the ones who evaluate. They have the opportunity to do evaluations after each game and then again at the end of the season.

 

Ok got it. I assumed (which is why I asked the question to begin with) that there was a "head guy" who evaluated umpires.

Blah blah. Love the martyr approach. Would they care so much about the kids if there wasnt a pay check at the end? How about they learn the rules and try to get better, wouldnt that improve the game?

 

Then you do it. For real man, do it. Sign up next year and do it. And as for the money, take your game fees and donate them back to the booster club. That would be awesome!

Well I did mention what I thought was inappropriate for an umpire to yell at a pitcher but that is my opinion.

Ok got it. I assumed (which is why I asked the question to begin with) that there was a "head guy" who evaluated umpires.

 

I know there is an assignor who receives the evaluations. He does attend different games throughout the year to watch umpires and he offers advice based on his past experience as an umpire. Not sure what else he does based on what he sees the umpires do.

I know there is an assignor who receives the evaluations. He does attend different games throughout the year to watch umpires and he offers advice based on his past experience as an umpire. Not sure what else he does based on what he sees the umpires do.

 

Makes sense.

 

After re reading all of Mac W posts, if indeed he is a 9th region umpire, I wonder if he takes this type of "attitude" onto the field towards players and coaches.

 

Personally I like and respect the majority of the umpires. But there is always a couple (just like in all walks of life) that carry themselves with arrogance and try to be bigger than the game.

Then you do it. For real man, do it. Sign up next year and do it. And as for the money, take your game fees and donate them back to the booster club. That would be awesome!

 

Nope. Wouldnt put the time in to be excellent at it. Did it for several years, realized I couldnt dedicate enough energy or effort so gave it up, and refuse to take money for something I put little effort in. Its called integrity. If you ump and find that you arr constantly getting yelled at, maybe its time to look in the mirror. Or go ump t ball.

Nope. Wouldnt put the time in to be excellent at it. Did it for several years, realized I couldnt dedicate enough energy or effort so gave it up, and refuse to take money for something I put little effort in. Its called integrity. If you ump and find that you arr constantly getting yelled at, maybe its time to look in the mirror. Or go ump t ball.

 

Now, that's the best post of the day on this topic. Double :thumb:

For me at least, Blues have done a very good job this season.

 

This year the Ball/Strike zone has been consistent and that's all anyone can ask for.

 

Blue has been in position to make the calls and again that is all you can ask for and they are closer to the play than anyone.

 

The assignor who oversees Blue does a good job and BTW is a nice guy to deal with

 

I too wish there were more Blue but indeed it is so much easier to be a Blue from the stands, than on the field and indeed they earn their pay

 

 

As far as the HBP goes. The batter owns the batters box and as long as he is not leaning over into the strike zone IMHO it's a HBP and BTW there is no rule (that I am aware of) that say's the batter has to move out of the way of a pitch!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.