Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 12 Cooper 8

Featured Replies

Panties must be in a wad with all the sarcasm. Yeah, actually we have gotten along on and off the field.

 

I'm sure he thinks your great too.
  • Replies 119
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He obviously called what he thought he saw, but I wasn't the only one that felt the calls were bad. So, to answer your question, I don't agree. He's usually much better compared to what I saw the other day.

 

Why does it have to be that the umpire had bad day, is it because he called what he saw and you don't agree with it?
Combined wasn't there like ten errors? Sounds like a couple people had "off" games.

Are the kids who made the errors getting paid? I didn't think so.

 

Im at the games, pay me and I can make horrible calls too, is that what you want?

 

You can defend horrible officiating all you want, but when these guys get paid then they should be at least a little more competent.

He obviously called what he thought he saw, but I wasn't the only one that felt the calls were bad. So, to answer your question, I don't agree. He's usually much better compared to what I saw the other day.

 

In regards to the ejection (I won't tell you if I agree with the call or not as its irrelevant) the umpire had to make a quick judgement call. His decision was to err on the side of player safety. If he could have stood there for 5 minutes to weigh his options and constantly replay the situation in his head, maybe he doesn't eject the runner. But that's not possible. He has to make a split second decision in that scenario and he did. Not sure where you can gripe about that.

Are the kids who made the errors getting paid? I didn't think so.

 

Im at the games, pay me and I can make horrible calls too, is that what you want?

 

You can defend horrible officiating all you want, but when these guys get paid then they should be at least a little more competent.

 

The coaches get paid. Shouldn't they be able to teach their teams how to field a ground ball and make a good throw? 10 errors in a district game is pitiful!! That's why you get T-ball umps, you field like T-ballers.

 

Just saw the box score for the Creek/Catholic game, ZERO errors. Just saw the box score for the Harrison/Nicholas game, 1 error. 10 errors and you guys want to gripe about umpires, unbelievable. CATCH A GROUND BALL!!!!

One more thing about the EJ (that's short for ejection for you non-baseball guys). If the fielder had made a "good" or "decent" throw to the first baseman (like hitting him in the chest). Then none of this would have happened. Well, you still would have had 10 errors combined.

One more thing about the EJ (that's short for ejection for you non-baseball guys). If the fielder had made a "good" or "decent" throw to the first baseman (like hitting him in the chest). Then none of this would have happened. Well, you still would have had 10 errors combined.

 

So you are saying is that since the defensive player did not make a good throw to the first baseman's chest. The offensive player is the recipient of a bad call? Which resulted in the batters ejection or EJ for you non-baseball guys?

So you are saying is that since the defensive player did not make a good throw to the first baseman's chest. The offensive player is the recipient of a bad call? Which resulted in the batters ejection or EJ for you non-baseball guys?

 

No. What im saying is that if the players were capable of making "routine plays" (routine means "easy" for you NBG's) and could throw the ball to the first baseman chest (also considered routine/easy) then the first baseman would have never got in the runners way. There would never be a collision at first and the umpire would not have kicked the call by erring on the side of safety.

 

What I was implying is if you make routine plays the umpire usually becomes invisible.

 

But I am being to negative. On a brighter note. I hope Scott88 enjoyed his first baseball game. Did you get a batting helmet sunday?

They were bad calls and I have the right just like anyone else on here to give my opinion. We could go back and forth over this for quite some time and neither is going to move on the matter. Have a good day!

 

 

In regards to the ejection (I won't tell you if I agree with the call or not as its irrelevant) the umpire had to make a quick judgement call. His decision was to err on the side of player safety. If he could have stood there for 5 minutes to weigh his options and constantly replay the situation in his head, maybe he doesn't eject the runner. But that's not possible. He has to make a split second decision in that scenario and he did. Not sure where you can gripe about that.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

 

This quote came to mind as I read the comments from a certain poster in this thread. :ohbrother: Please stop with the negative attitude towards players and coaches, and the "god - like" all knowing attitude Mac W!

They were bad calls and I have the right just like anyone else on here to give my opinion. We could go back and forth over this for quite some time and neither is going to move on the matter. Have a good day!

 

Oh they were? That changes everything then.....

 

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion but no umpire is perfect even though you may want them to be. And they may have been bad calls in your brain because of how your brain perceives what is happening. It's scientifically proven that two people see things different ways. As a fan of Cooper you see things, or plays in this case, in a pro-Cooper light. The umpire sees those same plays in a neutral light. Different perceptions, different opinions.

Only head coaches get paid MAC. Once again, the errors shouldn't ever enter the umpires mind. You keep going back to this error thing and this just reminds me of umpires that are weak and make comments like that.

 

The coaches get paid. Shouldn't they be able to teach their teams how to field a ground ball and make a good throw? 10 errors in a district game is pitiful!! That's why you get T-ball umps, you field like T-ballers.

 

Just saw the box score for the Creek/Catholic game, ZERO errors. Just saw the box score for the Harrison/Nicholas game, 1 error. 10 errors and you guys want to gripe about umpires, unbelievable. CATCH A GROUND BALL!!!!

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

 

This quote came to mind as I read the comments from a certain poster in this thread. :ohbrother: Please stop with the negative attitude towards players and coaches, and the "god - like" all knowing attitude Mac W!

 

If your dog gets lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your butt out there and you find that freaking dog.

No. What im saying is that if the players were capable of making "routine plays" (routine means "easy" for you NBG's) and could throw the ball to the first baseman chest (also considered routine/easy) then the first baseman would have never got in the runners way. There would never be a collision at first and the umpire would not have kicked the call by erring on the side of safety.

 

What I was implying is if you make routine plays the umpire usually becomes invisible.

 

But I am being to negative. On a brighter note. I hope Scott88 enjoyed his first baseball game. Did you get a batting helmet sunday?

 

Wrong Scott88....

 

I would agree that routine plays should be made, I'll take it one step further, varsity players should be capable of making non routine plays(non routine means "hard to difficult"). However I do not agree with the erring on the side of safety. The runner clearly did no go out of there way to make make contact. The runner put there arms on there chest to protect them selves because of the impending collision. One might argue he started to take a step away from the fielder to avoid contact. Should the runner of been called out? Yes... should the runner of been ejected? NO!!!!

For me at least, Blues have done a very good job this season.

 

This year the Ball/Strike zone has been consistent and that's all anyone can ask for.

 

Blue has been in position to make the calls and again that is all you can ask for and they are closer to the play than anyone.

 

The assignor who oversees Blue does a good job and BTW is a nice guy to deal with

 

I too wish there were more Blue but indeed it is so much easier to be a Blue from the stands, than on the field and indeed they earn their pay

 

 

Couldn't agree more. I saw ALOT of games this year and overall I thought the umpires did a solid job. Outstanding? No. But then again, I'm not sure at this level I would expect umpires to generally be at the "outstanding" level. They are not professionals and it's not their career. I think some fans expect them to be perfect. It's unreasonable. Who of us in our own careers doesn't make mistakes? Lord knows I do. It happens, especially in fast-moving games that involve close plays. You can pretty much assume that for every bang-bang play called by an umpire, he is going to have half the fans thinking it was a great call and the other half thinking it was horrific. 9th region umps are much better than many people give them credit. Imo anyways.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.