Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Noel autograph signing controversy

Featured Replies

How about all the kids who couldn't afford it? I wonder how they felt?

 

 

They'll realize how dumb it is to pay for an autograph later in life and be thankful they never did it.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is it any different? The kids that can't afford it still won't get it at the mall.

 

But they don't have to sit there AT SCHOOL and watch their "rich friends" get something they want. Secondly, a school is NOT the place for a public figure to come and sign autographs for a fee. EVER.

I think he means he can understand it being a money-make when it's presented that way.Going t o a grade school and charging kids doesn't pass the "feels right" test to me.

 

 

I understand that part, and I agree.

Not sure, but from what I understood from somebody else, these guys (athletes) pretty much do as they are told by these "promoters."

And while I don't necessarily agree with the paying for autographs in schools, I also don't agree with the idea that it's rubbing it in the "poor" kids faces. Sure, not every kid will be able to purchase an autographed item, but to me that is no different than some kids being able to pay to go on field trips, buy school gear (sweatshirts, t-shirts, etc), or buying yearbooks...

I think he means he can understand it being a money-make when it's presented that way. Going to a grade school and charging kids doesn't pass the "feels right" test to me.

 

I absolutely agree with this here. I couldn't care any less if they want to charge for autographs at a car dealership, a sporting goods store or in the middle of Fourth Street. I don't like them coming to schools and charging for autographs. Just don't.

If there is a market for it then so be it. The only way to stop it is for none of the kids at the grade school to pay for it. I don't have too much of a problem with any of it. Going to the grade school and charging is odd but I have no beef with it since people obviously made money off of it. TheDeuce nailed it in post #21. The poor kids watch the rich kids do stuff all the way through kindergarten, elementary, middle and high school. Then college and then life.

They'll realize how dumb it is to pay for an autograph later in life and be thankful they never did it.

 

I don't think it's dumb at all.

"Just because you played for UK doesn’t make you a god."

 

Don't forget this guy makes his living writing about these guys who do not get paid. Why does't he just do it for free?

But they don't have to sit there AT SCHOOL and watch their "rich friends" get something they want. Secondly, a school is NOT the place for a public figure to come and sign autographs for a fee. EVER.

 

This I agree with. I have no problem with him charging a fee it just shouldn't be happening at a public school.

The school administrators should not be allowing this to happen during the school day.

Where does the "free and reduced" classification come in to play with this?

Someone's autograph is meaningless to my son but he does like getting his picture taken with football players.

And while I don't necessarily agree with the paying for autographs in schools' date=' I also don't agree with the idea that it's rubbing it in the "poor" kids faces. Sure, not every kid will be able to purchase an autographed item, but to me that is no different than some kids being able to pay to go on field trips, buy school gear (sweatshirts, t-shirts, etc), or buying yearbooks...[/quote']

 

That's my thought process as well. I don't love that they are doing this but it's part of life. You don't get everything you want.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.