Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Noel autograph signing controversy

Featured Replies

  • Replies 41
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same stuff was happening in Louisville with Gorgui Dieng and Peyton Siva. I don't know what's going on here, but I don't like it.

Same stuff was happening in Louisville with Gorgui Dieng and Peyton Siva. I don't know what's going on here, but I don't like it.

 

Siva was or will be at the Florence Mall and there was or will be a charge for his autograph. Cannot remember what sports apparel shop we stopped at and the salesguy handed me a flyer earlier this month.

As big of a "free market" guy as I am I've got no problem with the writer's stance.

So the writer can understand the NBA players who have already made millions of dollars doing it, but he can't understand a young kid who has yet to make any money do it. Gotcha. Makes perfect sense.

Heard about Jefferson Co. schools getting into some trouble for allowing it to happen during school hours when UL players were on tour.

So the writer can understand the NBA players who have already made millions of dollars doing it, but he can't understand a young kid who has yet to make any money do it. Gotcha. Makes perfect sense.

 

I think he means he can understand it being a money-make when it's presented that way. Going to a grade school and charging kids doesn't pass the "feels right" test to me.

I say more power to ya Nerlens or any other athlete that can get people to pay them for their chicken-scratch.

I think he means he can understand it being a money-make when it's presented that way. Going to a grade school and charging kids doesn't pass the "feels right" test to me.

 

Let's be real Clyde, they aren't charging kids. They're charging the kids parents.

Let's be real Clyde, they aren't charging kids. They're charging the kids parents.

 

When you become a parent you'll appreciate the spot that they are putting the parents in. You are correct, though, that it's the parents who have to decide.

 

I think it looks bad for Nerlens and he got poor advice.

  • Author
Let's be real Clyde, they aren't charging kids. They're charging the kids parents.

 

How about all the kids who couldn't afford it? I wonder how they felt?

 

I have no problem with Noel, the adult who arranged it(meanwhile pocketing several thousand dollars) and the school officials who allowed it are the ones in the wrong here in my opinion.

How about all the kids who couldn't afford it? I wonder how they felt?

 

.

 

This is what I was referring to in my response. Completely different than setting up at a mall.

When you become a parent you'll appreciate the spot that they are putting the parents in. You are correct, though, that it's the parents who have to decide.

 

I think it looks bad for Nerlens and he got poor advice.

 

Why are you singling him out? EVERYONE DOES IT. Siva did it, Gorgui did it, Darius Miller did it, etc.

This is what I was referring to in my response. Completely different than setting up at a mall.

 

How is it any different? The kids that can't afford it still won't get it at the mall.

Why are you singling him out? EVERYONE DOES IT. Siva did it, Gorgui did it, Darius Miller did it, etc.

 

Relax. I'm not singling anyone out. The article was about Nerlens (who I am a big fan of). He got some bad advice here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.