March 25, 201313 yr I just watched a 2012 Episode of Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman and the show presented the following: There are differences between racial and ethnic groups on the average in IQ. The average whites IQs are fairly set at 100. Blacks in the United States and in many other western countries average 85. Hispanics the average would be about 80. Native Americans around that level. And then Japanese and Chinese Americans above the white average. And then Ashkenazic Jews probably around 110, 115. - Linda Gottfredson, sociologist, University of Delaware
March 25, 201313 yr In a 100 meter race on foot, I like the blacks. In a math race, I like the orientals. In a science race, I like the whites. In a race to be a millionaire, I like the Jews. There's overlap in each one, but there's spindoc's racial stereotype that we get article after article dancing around the subjects in a politically correct waltz. One thing we know, is that the Germans failed at the task miserably. Wow I'm glad BGP is back up and running.
March 25, 201313 yr Are their superior races or do cultures help define IQ? I agree with your post spindoc.
March 25, 201313 yr Kentucky Derby... As for the IQ thing, I think that a lot of that has to do w/ the amount of empahsis put on education. I know from my short time abroad that, at least in Mexico, the Mayan descendants looked at school as a luxury. They were too busy just making money to survive. Kids bagged groceries at about the age of 8 on up. They help their mothers clean houses. That has to have a direct impact on Latinos overall scores, b/c I'm fairly certain that that happens all throught Latin America.
March 25, 201313 yr Some cultures it seems value education and family more highly. As far as the IQ tests go, if you gave the test in Spanish or Mandarin, I don't think whites would fair as well!
March 25, 201313 yr Some cultures it seems value education and family more highly. As far as the IQ tests go, if you gave the test in Spanish or Mandarin, I don't think whites would fair as well! I'd have to believe that IQ tests are given in native languages around the world.
March 25, 201313 yr In a 100 meter race on foot, I like the blacks. In a math race, I like the orientals. In a science race, I like the whites. In a race to be a millionaire, I like the Jews. There's overlap in each one, but there's spindoc's racial stereotype that we get article after article dancing around the subjects in a politically correct waltz. One thing we know, is that the Germans failed at the task miserably. Wow I'm glad BGP is back up and running. In other words, "superior" may depend upon what is being measured.
March 25, 201313 yr OK...here is my serious answer. I am a proponent that EQ (your emotional intelligence) is much more important than your IQ (your mental intelligence). I have heard that IQ will get you through school, but EQ will get you through life. EQ is the great equalizer since race no longer becomes an issue. Someone with a low IQ, but a high EQ (meaning the ability to get along with people and being able to manage one's emotions), can be very effective in his or her work, with leads to much success and happiness.
March 25, 201313 yr I'd have to believe that IQ tests are given in native languages around the world. Agreed. For an IQ test to be valid--or seen to measure what it actually sought out to measure--it must eliminate questions that could be considered linguistically or culturally biased. ultural biases.
March 25, 201313 yr In a 100 meter race on foot, I like the blacks. In a math race, I like the orientals. In a science race, I like the whites. In a race to be a millionaire, I like the Jews. There's overlap in each one, but there's spindoc's racial stereotype that we get article after article dancing around the subjects in a politically correct waltz. One thing we know, is that the Germans failed at the task miserably. Wow I'm glad BGP is back up and running. Bingo.
March 25, 201313 yr I think it has a lot more to do with the cultural and societal focus on education and resources than it does Ethnicity.
March 25, 201313 yr Of course there is a superior race. And it ain't mine. :wave:All I know is that if you and I raced, it would be inferior.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.