Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is There A Superior Race?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting question. I would have to say no, there is no superior race. I agree that there are cultural differences that affect what is emphasized by the races but as to innate ability I don't think there is one above another.

All I know is that if you and I raced, it would be inferior.

 

Don't sell yourself short. I'm pretty slow.

Very interesting question. I would have to say no, there is no superior race. I agree that there are cultural differences that affect what is emphasized by the races but as to innate ability I don't think there is one above another.

 

Agreed.

All jokes aside I am in line with the thinking that there is no true way to measure if there is a superior race. IQ would be one factor in determining a superior race but it should take more than just IQ to prove it.

In a 100 meter race on foot, I like the blacks. In a math race, I like the orientals. In a science race, I like the whites. In a race to be a millionaire, I like the Jews. There's overlap in each one, but there's spindoc's racial stereotype that we get article after article dancing around the subjects in a politically correct waltz. One thing we know, is that the Germans failed at the task miserably. Wow I'm glad BGP is back up and running.

 

You will get no argument from a soul on this!!

I just watched a 2012 Episode of Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman and the show presented the following:

 

There are differences between racial and ethnic groups on the average in IQ.

 

The average whites IQs are fairly set at 100.

 

Blacks in the United States and in many other western countries average 85.

 

Hispanics the average would be about 80.

 

Native Americans around that level. And then Japanese and Chinese Americans above the white average.

 

And then Ashkenazic Jews probably around 110, 115.

 

- Linda Gottfredson, sociologist, University of Delaware

 

Well the whole statement is sort of all over the place. I think it is one of those things he more you look at the more it doesn't exactly say what you think it says.

 

1) average white: It just say white. Earlier it states about racial and ethinic groups so we can assume that certain ethinic groups that would be take out of the white category. It also makes it sound like they are using whites from all over the world.

 

2) Blacks in United States and many other western countries: So in this case they are going to exclude certain parts of the black population due to enviroment.

 

3) Hispanics: They make the statement here as if they are including the entire population. There is a very large difference between enviromental factors of those people on average grouping up in poor hispanic countries and say hispanics living here in the Unidted States. Yet unlike the black population they do not appear to exclude.

 

4) Native Americans: that is pretty straight forward

 

5) Japanese and Chinese Americans: Once again they are using a selection of a population instead of the population of the race/ethinic group. From my limited experience much of that population come to the United States because of jobs that have relocated them to the US. These are educated people who also believe education is important.

 

The last portion I don't know enough to comment about.

 

So the information is using portions of some populations and whole parts of others. In some cases it appears to be taking enviromental factors into play and in other cases it appears not to. There are many enviromental factors in general and lifestyle/ethinic factors that apply to the out come.

Very interesting question. I would have to say no, there is no superior race. I agree that there are cultural differences that affect what is emphasized by the races but as to innate ability I don't think there is one above another.

 

Agreed. There isn't a way to measure innate intelligence or capability. Our only measures are polluted by the circumstances and experiences of life. And we know that society is not equal. Assertions like the one that started this thread make me uneasy as they are impossible to prove to any degree of value and have been used to justify the entire spectrum of depravity in humankind.

Agreed. There isn't a way to measure innate intelligence or capability. Our only measures are polluted by the circumstances and experiences of life. And we know that society is not equal. Assertions like the one that started this thread make me uneasy as they are impossible to prove to any degree of value and have been used to justify the entire spectrum of depravity in humankind.

 

The term "eugenics" immediately leaps to mind.

All I know is that if you and I raced, it would be inferior.
On the flip side, I would probably beat him (unless a Taco Bell is at the finish line). :D

Superior in What? How about music, art, intuitivness, inventiveness, My IQ is higher than my husbands. He can and does fix anything and everything. He is practical and a problem solver. I am empathetic and caring and know alot about lots of things. I'd rather be him.

On the flip side, I would probably beat him (unless a Taco Bell is at the finish line). :D

 

My money is on you even with the Taco Bell. #fatJustinArmstrong

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.