Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IF Kentucky were to NOT make the NCAA tourney, should they take an NIT bid?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 66
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WCS could be back IMO.

 

I'd say there's zero chance of that happening. If any of them would, I'd say it's Poythress. WCS is a lock for 1st round, probably sneak in to the lottery.

I see no reason why they would turn it down. Very classless if they do. If they turn it down they are basically saying they are better than the NIT in which they are not.

 

I say there is 0% chance they turn it down. Too much financial gain and extra time for other players. Plus if Poythress, Goodwin are gone anyway then they can handle a couple more games anyway. If they don't like it then they don't have to play.

I'd say there's zero chance of that happening. If any of them would, I'd say it's Poythress. WCS is a lock for 1st round, probably sneak in to the lottery.

 

Which I admit you are probably right about him leaving. However he is a guy for some reason that I just can see deciding to stay. No real reason behind it at all, but I just could see it happening with him.

I'd say there's zero chance of that happening. If any of them would, I'd say it's Poythress. WCS is a lock for 1st round, probably sneak in to the lottery.

 

You could be right, but I'm thinking that WCS has a legitimate shot at being a top 5-8 pick if he can develop a more consistent offensive game & I think Cal will point that out to him.

 

I don't know what to think about Poythress. More than anyone on the team, he looks to be having zero fun out there. I wouldn't be surprised whatever his decision ends up being.

With the NCAA games at Rupp, I'm hoping for another home game in Memorial

What if Alabama was to only make the BBVA Compass Bowl next year in Football & not play; how would that be perceived?

 

Same type scenario IMO.

I say no.

 

My reasoning is that many teams use these games to get extra practice, experience, etc. so they can build off it towards next season, but in Kentucky's case these guys aren't going to be there next season, so no reason to prolong the end.

 

This is where I stand also.

 

I really can't think of one reason why UK should accept an NIT bid. It isn't arrogance. What is the benefit for UK and its players? Can someone tell me why UK should play in the NIT?

This is where I stand also.

 

I really can't think of one reason why UK should accept an NIT bid. It isn't arrogance. What is the benefit for UK and its players? Can someone tell me why UK should play in the NIT?

 

Players can improve, gain more experience and also realize that they NEVER want to be in that tournament again. Also, financial benefits.

 

Can someone name me one benefit of declining?

As a fan (albeit a upset one), I would be pissed if they turned down an NIT bid. They had every chance in the world to play at an NCAA qualifying level and didnt. So they are playing at an NIT level. Doing well in it would do a lot to redeem a disappointing season.

 

Not to mention that I would still want to watch them in any capacity even if they do make my blood pressure spike.

I feel the need to chime in hear regarding the players leaving. If any of these "fools" think they are good enough right now to play in the NBA then whomever is telling them so is a complete idiot. There is not one player on this years team (including Noel) that is ready to play in the NBA. Cauley-Stein is at least 2 years away, Poythress could not even play in the NBDL, Harrow needs 2 more years as he is a weakling. Goodwin would be the closest to ready IMO and he still has many issues with shot selection and ability to handle the basketball. This group could not even carry the bags of the last few one and done players that Cal has brought to Kentucky.

I feel the need to chime in hear regarding the players leaving. If any of these "fools" think they are good enough right now to play in the NBA then whomever is telling them so is a complete idiot. There is not one player on this years team (including Noel) that is ready to play in the NBA. Cauley-Stein is at least 2 years away, Poythress could not even play in the NBDL, Harrow needs 2 more years as he is a weakling. Goodwin would be the closest to ready IMO and he still has many issues with shot selection and ability to handle the basketball. This group could not even carry the bags of the last few one and done players that Cal has brought to Kentucky.

I agree with all of this besides Noel. Injury aside, he was a BEAST.

Players can improve, gain more experience and also realize that they NEVER want to be in that tournament again. Also, financial benefits.

 

Can someone name me one benefit of declining?

 

Other than avoiding the 13th loss on the season, I can't think of a single one.

I feel the need to chime in hear regarding the players leaving. If any of these "fools" think they are good enough right now to play in the NBA then whomever is telling them so is a complete idiot. There is not one player on this years team (including Noel) that is ready to play in the NBA. Cauley-Stein is at least 2 years away, Poythress could not even play in the NBDL, Harrow needs 2 more years as he is a weakling. Goodwin would be the closest to ready IMO and he still has many issues with shot selection and ability to handle the basketball. This group could not even carry the bags of the last few one and done players that Cal has brought to Kentucky.

 

Close to what I would say.

I'd have to disagree on Noel as well. He showed me enough that he is a solid lottery pick.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.