March 1, 201313 yr Has a player ever been injured in a court storming? Yes. Dan Dakich was on Mike and Mike this morning was discussing his best player once being injured. Though Dakich is fine with court storming.
March 1, 201313 yr Yes. Dan Dakich was on Mike and Mike this morning was discussing his best player once being injured. Though Dakich is fine with court storming. Theoretically, I've always been fine with students doing it, though I would never want the UK fans to do it. But I hate seeing a player get hurt because of this. I remember when IU stormed the court last season & Miller (I think) was lying on the ground. That's an incredibly dangerous situation. I want the excited fans to have fun, but I more want the players on the court to be safe. Tough call for me.
March 1, 201313 yr Theoretically, I've always been fine with students doing it, though I would never want the UK fans to do it. But I hate seeing a player get hurt because of this. I remember when IU stormed the court last season & Miller (I think) was lying on the ground. That's an incredibly dangerous situation. I want the excited fans to have fun, but I more want the players on the court to be safe. Tough call for me. Unless there is some kind of delayed court rushing in place - and that is not happening - it will remain an incredibly dangerous situation for all parties involved. I am expecting a brawl one of these days. But unlike Auburn Hills, it will be a situation where the fans are on the players turf and not the other way around.
March 1, 201313 yr Just said on PTI that of Duke's last 50 road losses 42 of them the home team has stormed the court :lol:.
March 2, 201313 yr Coach K, Devils confronted by fans after loss So how does everyone feel about court storming now? I still am all for it.
March 2, 201313 yr I'm sure PP92 will take his boy Coach K to task for crying about the court rushing. Funny, it's the main topic of conversation on ESPN radio today, yet they never once complained about court rushing in the past. What is there to take him to task for? He said he is all for court rushing he just wants to get his team and staff off the court safely. What did he say that makes UK fans call it "crying"? My UK facebook friends have made similar coments as yours. Guess you guys didn't listen to the words that were coming out of his mouth.
March 2, 201313 yr Unless there is some kind of delayed court rushing in place - and that is not happening - it will remain an incredibly dangerous situation for all parties involved. I am expecting a brawl one of these days. But unlike Auburn Hills, it will be a situation where the fans are on the players turf and not the other way around. I'd say you're probably right.
March 2, 201313 yr I will first say that overall I cannot stand all of this rushing the court fad that's been going on. I don't mind it at all in rare cases, say a last place type team upsets a #1 ranked team, not in their conference-in the country and the UVA students rushing the court was like the others, stupid. I also will say that after watching the replay after watching coach K's statements that someone should send him some cheese to go with that "whine", . UVA officials were obviously expecting it should they win. There was security immediately along the length of the floor in front and back of the benches to allow the Duke players and coaches to walk unobstructed off the floor and towards the isle/tunnel to their locker room. I guess the problem came when Duke was going under the pass leading to the locker room. Fans have always and will always give it to the opponent at any arena where the setup allows it and yes, some comments are going to be pretty vulgar. A coach imo should just keep his head down, straight forward and get out of the area as quick as they can and instruct their players to do the same. Instead, if I understood the report correctly coach K and/or another coach responded back with some choice words at the idiots that were going at them. This makes the situation worse and lowers the coach to the fans level. What did coach K expect :ohbrother:? Coach K has said other things in some other situations that come off as whining/crying type statements. For the life of me I don't see why, a team with Duke's tradition should ignore that type junk, that makes opposing fans even more upset. After that game he gave the UVA fans a second victory, the game itself and his actions/comments afterwards. UVA coach Bennet along with his team didn't act out in any classless manner as far as I heard. Fact is that fans and college students are gong to act like idiots because a lot of them are, that is the case in most if not all places to some extent. Although I am sure a coach feels like it sometimes they should never act out and return a verbal exchange. That can do nothing good.
March 2, 201313 yr What is there to take him to task for? He said he is all for court rushing he just wants to get his team and staff off the court safely. What did he say that makes UK fans call it "crying"? My UK facebook friends have made similar coments as yours. Guess you guys didn't listen to the words that were coming out of his mouth. The amazing thing, if you listened to his full post game interview he mentioned the court rush. Then he said nothing but great things about VA. The press tried to go back to it but he kept talking about the actual game. Some people just have the blinders on.
March 2, 201313 yr Pretty sure Vegas had it as a pick 'em. I jumped all over Duke getting 1 1/2. Fool's gold.
March 2, 201313 yr 19th time this year that a top 5 team has lost to an unranked team. What you get when the best kids leave after a year.
March 2, 201313 yr I saw a funny tweet that said had a UVA student bumped a Duke player he would have flopped.
March 2, 201313 yr I saw a funny tweet that said had a UVA student bumped a Duke player he would have flopped. -----or slapped the floor.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.