March 1, 201313 yr Some interesting discussion going on with the the altercation Coach K got in as a result of the court storming. When watching the game last night I thought UVA staff did a tremendous job barricading Duke coaches/players and the UVA coaches from the fans rushing the court. The formed a wall and locked arms, there was virtually no person (relatively speaking for a court rushing game) around Duke and Coach K, I can only assume this took place somewhere not visible by camera or away from the ruckus and court area. Leader K was miffed at the loss and this was his chance chew on those sour grapes in discussing court storming. I think Coach K was trying to get ahead of a story by talking about the exchange with he and the fan and brushing it off as normal banter. It is kind of ironic on many fronts. When you think of the Cameron Crazies I think about them being right on top of players sometimes coming in contact with the opposition in their attempt to hex them inbounding the ball. Also check out the first picture from this wiki page: Cameron Crazies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I do believe K brings up a good point about safety though. You know a brawl is going to break out one of these days or someone like Darius Miller is going to get trampled to death.
March 1, 201313 yr Sounds like Duke has reached a very frustrating level currently.................Need to re group and get it together. But I do agree with them about the security at venues. This whole court rushing is going to lead to someone at some point getting hurt; be it a fan or a player or coach.................OR a fight is going to break out and it will some how be the fault of the team on the court for not showing restraint during a stampede......................
March 1, 201313 yr Sounds like Duke has reached a very frustrating level currently.................Need to re group and get it together. But I do agree with them about the security at venues. This whole court rushing is going to lead to someone at some point getting hurt; be it a fan or a player or coach.................OR a fight is going to break out and it will some how be the fault of the team on the court for not showing restraint during a stampede...................... Basically court rushing gives fans free reign in an area that is normally off-limits. Anything goes for them, but for the opposing players you can't say or do anything, even if you are pushed, shoved, punched, kicked, spat on, told to rot in hell 1" from your face, etc.
March 1, 201313 yr Coach K, Devils confronted by fans after loss So how does everyone feel about court storming now? To answer the question, court storming has become a joke. I watched the game and it struck me that Virginia was doing a better job than anyone else I have seen on security. As bugatti said, they had a line of security from end to end of the court making sure the teams could shake hands, etc. I guess where they messed up was not blocking the aisle where the Duke team had to go through to get to their locker room.
March 1, 201313 yr Learn how to win a road game and he won't have to worry about it. Forgot your right. NCAA tournament games are road games.
March 1, 201313 yr I agree that storming the court has become a joke and the bar has been set rather low. Duke was not number one, they're not the defending champs, they have several losses this year. Just don't see it. At some point things are going to get ugly.
March 1, 201313 yr Forgot your right. NCAA tournament games are road games. UKMUstangfan prefaced his post by saying all NCAA tournament are road games? Come on, now. I don't think he was debating the merits of what is and what is not a road game and how it translates in to NCAA success. Although Duke's only road games this season are their 9 conference road games. Kind of interesting.
March 1, 201313 yr UKMUstangfan prefaced his post by saying all NCAA tournament are road games? Come on, now. I don't think he was debating the merits of what is and what is not a road game and how it translates in to NCAA success. Although Duke's only road games this season are their 9 conference road games. Kind of interesting. My point was that if Duke cant win on the road whats the big deal? Three years ago when Duke won it all they probably lost 4-5 road games too.
March 1, 201313 yr My point was that if Duke cant win on the road whats the big deal? Three years ago when Duke won it all they probably lost 4-5 road games too. Well, you are making a point that no person is even arguing against you about :lol: He was just saying if you don't want teams rushing the court, don't lose on the road. He didn't say because you can't win on the road you won't have any success here after. Obviously Leader K's formula is a good one.
March 1, 201313 yr Why doesn't the NCAA fine the home team like they do for tearing down goal posts? I'd hate to see it come to that but the fans are ruining a good thing.
March 1, 201313 yr Why doesn't the NCAA fine the home team like they do for tearing down goal posts? I'd hate to see it come to that but the fans are ruining a good thing. I believe the goalpost rule is an SEC one, not NCAA. Could be wrong though.
March 1, 201313 yr Doesn't the SEC have a court rushing fine rule as well? Yes, I read that somewhere online the other day.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.