Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Virginia 73 Duke 68

Featured Replies

:lol:

I saw a funny tweet that said had a UVA student bumped a Duke player he would have flopped.
  • Replies 57
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The amazing thing, if you listened to his full post game interview he mentioned the court rush. Then he said nothing but great things about VA. The press tried to go back to it but he kept talking about the actual game. Some people just have the blinders on.

 

I thought that was what I saw and heard. Being in Japan things may have gotten lost in translation so I wasn't sure.

I thought that was what I saw and heard. Being in Japan things may have gotten lost in translation so I wasn't sure.

 

I still think he was trying to get ahead of a potential story with him exchanging words with a bunch of college kids. Video footage later on taken from a fan shows him being escorted out by security like normal but he is in a heated exchange. He was ticked they lost and tired of the court being rushed again and he lost his cool. Anyone that watched the end of the game knows that was one of the best security efforts ever implemented for a court storm. Which furthers my thought he was trying to get ahead of something he knows he shouldn't have done and diverted the incident to court storming.

I still think he was trying to get ahead of a potential story with him exchanging words with a bunch of college kids. Video footage later on taken from a fan shows him being escorted out by security like normal but he is in a heated exchange. He was ticked they lost and tired of the court being rushed again and he lost his cool. Anyone that watched the end of the game knows that was one of the best security efforts ever implemented for a court storm. Which furthers my thought he was trying to get ahead of something he knows he shouldn't have done and diverted the incident to court storming.

 

Your post makes sense but the bolded is speculation.

Your post makes sense but the bolded is speculation.

 

Speculative, I guess. Something tells me though Coach K doesn't like to lose... especially to what I feel is an inferior opponent. Losing at Duke means the court is being taken over. Not a far reach I'm making there.

Speculative, I guess. Something tells me though Coach K doesn't like to lose... especially to what I feel is an inferior opponent. Losing at Duke means the court is being taken over. Not a far reach I'm making there.

 

Sure he doesn't like to lose. We can't prove his true feelings on court rushing though. He said the court rushing doesn't bother him.

 

Not sure what you mean by saying losing at Duke means the court is being taken over. They lost at Virginia is all I can think to say to that.

Sure he doesn't like to lose. We can't prove his true feelings on court rushing though. He said the court rushing doesn't bother him.

 

Not sure what you mean by saying losing at Duke means the court is being taken over. They lost at Virginia is all I can think to say to that.

You know what I meant. :lol:

 

Duke losing on the road means the court is being taken over.

 

Come on now. By that rationale we don't even know if Coach K dislikes losing. Heck, we don't know if he likes winning titles because we can't prove his "true feelings". I am going to stick with that it bothers him when the court is being rushed BECAUSE his team just lost (on the road). Again, I do not think this was about the fans rushing the court. It was about him bringing himself down to the level of an 18 year old and he knew better.

You know what I meant. :lol:

 

Duke losing on the road means the court is being taken over.

 

Come on now. By that rationale we don't even know if Coach K dislikes losing. Heck, we don't know if he likes winning titles because we can't prove his "true feelings". I am going to stick with that it bothers him when the court is being rushed BECAUSE his team just lost (on the road). Again, I do not think this was about the fans rushing the court. It was about him bringing himself down to the level of an 18 year old and he knew better.

 

Duke always loses on the road. Where have you been hiding at?

 

:wave:

You know what I meant. :lol:

 

Duke losing on the road means the court is being taken over.

 

Come on now. By that rationale we don't even know if Coach K dislikes losing. Heck, we don't know if he likes winning titles because we can't prove his "true feelings". I am going to stick with that it bothers him when the court is being rushed BECAUSE his team just lost (on the road). Again, I do not think this was about the fans rushing the court. It was about him bringing himself down to the level of an 18 year old and he knew better.

 

By what rationale? He said court rushing doesn't bother him. He did say he doesn't like the fans who choose to talk crap instead of celebrating their team's win. Nothing wrong with that. That means he's human. Coach K has always been admirable in defeat and he seemed admirable in defeat once again in the press conference.

You know what I meant. :lol:

 

Duke losing on the road means the court is being taken over.

 

Come on now. By that rationale we don't even know if Coach K dislikes losing. Heck, we don't know if he likes winning titles because we can't prove his "true feelings". I am going to stick with that it bothers him when the court is being rushed BECAUSE his team just lost (on the road). Again, I do not think this was about the fans rushing the court. It was about him bringing himself down to the level of an 18 year old and he knew better.

 

Go back and look at your post. You said "losing at Duke means the court is being taken over." Not "Duke losing on the road means the court is being taken over." You confused the crap out of me right there.:poop:

Go back and look at your post. You said "losing at Duke means the court is being taken over." Not "Duke losing on the road means the court is being taken over." You confused the crap out of me right there.:poop:

I thought it was inferred since we were talking about Duke losing on the road then I was referring to Duke losing on the road. It wasn't intended to mean in Cameron. At/as a member of Duke I think you knew that or you need to lay of the Sake. :D

 

If Coach K was talking to a recruit and said, "We realize the added pressure playing for the Blue Devils. At Duke you have to slap the floor. At Duke you have to flop all around the place. At Duke fans will storm the court when you lose. At Duke you have to learn how to spell Wojciechowski." I don't think the response from a recruit would be, "OK, coach, but what happens when we are on the road?" :D

I thought it was inferred since we were talking about Duke losing on the road then I was referring to Duke losing on the road. It wasn't intended to mean in Cameron. I think you knew that or you need to lay of the Sake.

 

 

Stone cold sober. Maybe if I was drunk then it would have made more sense.:wacky:

After watching the Coach K stuff, I agree with pretty much all of what he said. No matter what you say right after a loss, it is going to come across as being a sore loser though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.